IGNORED

Airtech Quarter Fairing

Don Melvin

I'm thinking of putting one of these on my 1998 R1100R and was wondering if any one has one on their bike or has had an opportunity to try one out?  I'd like to know what kind of air flow they create around the rider?

image.png.07e02e06a4fa8f5ecdc5a200dcd58d4d.png

I'm 5' 9" and rode a friends R100R setup that looks exactly like that and the air hit me mid upper chest. After a run through heavy bugs you could see the bug splatter pattern on my jacket. I remember thinking it was perfect for me.

1 hour ago, Jerry Duke said:

I'm 5' 9" and rode a friends R100R setup that looks exactly like that and the air hit me mid upper chest. After a run through heavy bugs you could see the bug splatter pattern on my jacket. I remember thinking it was perfect for me.

Thanks for the reply Jerry.  So you had a relatively smooth air flow around your helmet? 

I've got the same 75 year special addition R1100R shown in the picture and I think that fairing and paint job looks amazing on the bike but it's going to be a tad spendy...the fairing comes unpainted from Airtech.  I didn't want to lay out the cash for something that was going to be really unpleasant to ride.

1 hour ago, Jerry Duke said:

Great airflow for the helmet. I've seen the fairing for sale on the BMW Marketplace a couple of times. Pretty rare though.

Thanks Jerry