IGNORED

What Are Your 2020 Motorcycling Resolutions?

Mike

Get in some more weekend rides.     Also, do some more scenic routes to SECFF lunches, which means learning to make better use of my Nav VI with basecamp.  :5146:

• Like 1

I'm clearing the forest one tree at a time to hopefully make a run at START. :revit: Sometime in July I'd like to do another Northeast adventure ride up in NH & ME. One night camping in Oquossoc ME, one night at a Moosehead Lake cabin and the last night in Bar Harbor eating Chowdaw & Lobstah. :eat:

I'd like a new adventure bike to do it on. A 2020 Tiger 900 Rally would be a righteous ride. But, a 2021 R1250 GSA with maybe a slightly freshened look in a dark color would be even more righteous! :thumbsup:

These are the some of the newest ideas filling the void in my cranium. :5150:

A happy and safe 2020 to everyone! :thumbsup:

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

.........I'm clearing the forest one tree at a time to hopefully make a run at START. :revit: 

Is there unrest in the forest?

Is there trouble with the trees?

Do the maples want more sunlight and the oaks ignore their pleas?

Say it ain't so.   :rofl:

It would be great to see you at START!

11 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

.......... Sometime in July I'd like to do another Northeast adventure ride up in NH & ME. One night camping in Oquossoc ME, one night at a Moosehead Lake cabin and the last night in Bar Harbor eating Chowdaw & Lobstah. :eat:

That reminded me of a planned meet/ride in Vermont in August (Hey Chromehead!)   I hope to rent a bike and make that trip, but still working vacation schedule out to see if England trip will happen, or this one.  IF the stars line up, I may try to visit my old hometown of Rutland, but who knows?  Only so many days off from work (sorry for the foul lnguage) and so many rides!!!

• Like 2

Sure you know, the tree thing was my way of saying I'd love to go really bad but, shit (oops wrong page :grin:) stuff happens and plans melt away. I.e. I don't want to have to take back the IN! :rofl:

• Haha 1

I want to do a SS1000. Been on my bucket list for 18 years but things (family, the Great Recession, etc) keep getting in the way.

I feel like this year is finally going to be it!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I'm clearing the forest one tree at a time to hopefully make a run at START. :revit: Sometime in July I'd like to do another Northeast adventure ride up in NH & ME. One night camping in Oquossoc ME, one night at a Moosehead Lake cabin and the last night in Bar Harbor eating Chowdaw & Lobstah. :eat:

I'd like a new adventure bike to do it on. A 2020 Tiger 900 Rally would be a righteous ride. But, a 2021 R1250 GSA with maybe a slightly freshened look in a dark color would be even more righteous! :thumbsup:

These are the some of the newest ideas filling the void in my cranium. :5150:

A happy and safe 2020 to everyone! :thumbsup:

I wish I could go with you. My brother and I inherited property in Jackman some years ago and it sits. Used to go up there every year until 18. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

Is there unrest in the forest?

Is there trouble with the trees?

Do the maples want more sunlight and the oaks ignore their pleas?

Say it ain't so.   :rofl:

At the one lane bridge I leave the giants stranded at the riverside...

I have a brother-in-law I have never met in Washington state. Planning a ride there this summer while the wife flys out. Direct route there and hope to come back via the Sturgis area before the madness ensues. 

Well weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air. 
Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware. 

• Like 1

While not waxing poetic, the ideas for trips are bouncing around in my head like BB's in a boxcar.... I fear that they outweigh the $$ required to make 'em all happen.  And that's a good thing...just need to prioritize again this year.   The annual reminder of birthdays comes again in 5 days, so at 77 there's a healthy urgency to ride all I can until I can't.

Let's see.....START in April; West Virginia and Blue Ridge Parkway (unridden parts); Utah; FART; 3-4 Smokies rides; and then there's the dual sport rides on forest roads.  Might even make the UP of Michigan (around the lake ride).

And I'm looking forward to each and every one and the friends happening along the way!    

Happy 2020 to us ALL!:bike::beer:

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Rinkydink said:

At the one lane bridge I leave the giants stranded at the riverside...

I have a brother-in-law I have never met in Washington state. Planning a ride there this summer while the wife flys out. Direct route there and hope to come back via the Sturgis area before the madness ensues. 

Well weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air. 
Sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware. 

No, his mind is not for rent To any god or government Always hopeful, yet discontent He knows changes aren't permanent But change is

• Like 2

Thinning the herd in spring 2020 - selling my '14 KTM 1290 SDR.   I never really meshed with the bike, both on the street and on the track.  I'm having a lot more fun on a 450 supermoto anyway.  I'm also planning a couple trips this summer - one to the Indy round of MotoAmerica, and another somewhere else, not sure yet.  Long term plans are to upgrade my one 'road' bike to a mid-sized adventure machine.  I rode the new Goldwing and was very impressed, but I need something that is more commuter-friendly and a bit less expensive, so I'm eyeing a Triumph Tiger 800 XRX Low.  I already got some new gloves, and will be adding a back-rest to the Burgman 650 for this summer's rides. 

From Montana to Nashville, then wherever the wind blows me.  Retired in last April, so have the time to feed my addiction.  I hope to spend the entire spring, summer and fall going somewhere, just not sure where...  

:5210:

Cheers,

Mark

Mark,  you've got two good rally/camp outs in your state this year.  The MOA rally in June and the Bear Tooth just south of Red Lodge in August (every year).

My resolution is to stay west of the eastern borders of MT, WY, CO, NM.  I've ventured into or across the mid west 4 times and have had just horrible experiences with weather.  

see the thread about getting rid of stuff.  If I accomplish that goal, then 2 weekends each month riding off road, and 1 weekend at the track.  After numerous attempts to make it happen, this years UN will not be possible.  So instead I will go dual sport riding at Hatfield McCoy in West Virginia.  I attended a rally there in 2016 and the area still resonates with me.  Each year they have an annual rally there, but it is always the same weekend as START.  So this year while all of you do the UN, I am going to go to Matewan, WV and spend the week riding dual sport and street.  I will take both bikes.

I resolve to ride less, help out around the house more, get the yard in...., Who am I kidding? I plan on being as irresponsible as ever and spend as much time as possible riding! One day I won't be able to ride anymore, I'm making sure I get it out of my system as much as possible until then.

• Like 1

Meet up with my adopted son and ride around Idaho/Nevada for a few days. He will likely ride the 1250 RS as my KTM Super Adventure R is going to be a bit too tall for him. Two wheeled fun!