IGNORED

Yellow lights on RT

bimmers

Does anyone know if the in France regularly used yellow lights would be available as H7 bulbs for the 1200RT?

I think they could be a good safety factor and replace the modulation.

ANy thoughts on this issue?

h

thanks I wonder if I would loose a lot of light since they are only 50W PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow H7 Automotive Light Bulbs 50W 2500K Twin Pack Automotive Light Bulbs

as opposed to other H7's

H7 55W Standard Wattage Sun Auto Powerview Power White 3500K

And the Kelvins are dramatically different.

h

...And the Kelvins are dramatically different.
Kelvin is only the color. A yellow bulb will most definately register on a lower part of the kelvin scale compared to a white bulb.

I know it is the color but I assume that a higher K number reflects a higher intensity which could translate in a brighter light. Originally the yellow lights were used for fog and with less reflected brightness from water droplets let us see better (as the story goes) and be seen better.

I will try it and see how it works I so rarely ride in the dark anyway. Oops that could be interpreted another way too!!!!!!!!!!

I know it is the color but I assume that a higher K number reflects a higher intensity which could translate in a brighter light. Originally the yellow lights were used for fog and with less reflected brightness from water droplets let us see better (as the story goes) and be seen better.

I will try it and see how it works I so rarely ride in the dark anyway. Oops that could be interpreted another way too!!!!!!!!!!

the Kelvin number relates to 'colour temperature' and not intensity. Lower colour temperatures tend towards the red end of the spectrum, with higher numbers being to the blue end.

This graph shows the range of colour temperatures:

676228-colour-temperature.gif

Andy

I just read yesterday that Philips has developed two new light bulbs especially for bikes: ExtraDuty and MotoVision. This last one has an orange reflection to make us be seen better and the output of light is also 40% greater than with normal bulbs and has a 10 to 20 meter longer reach. I've already ordered mine.

In Dutch...

Yup, Phillips has indeed introduced both extra duty and "MotoVision" (orange) headlamp bulbs made specifically for motorcycles. Go to New Philips bulbs for a peek at beam length and coloring.

I haven't been able to find a continential U.S.A. dealer that handles them; anyone come across an outlet please post the address.

Mike05

That sounds really interesting and I will search for them. I wonder how well they ship if ordered from Europe?

Just checked European news and they say they will be available in May throughout Europe. Price is from Euro 15 for Motovision and Extraduty from 10 Euro.

Maybe we get them here around the same time.

thumbsup.gif

Archived