IGNORED

Connections, anyone?

doc47

Hi folks! I haven't been here for awhile.

As some of you know, I live in West Africa where I run a charity supporting rural medical clinics and sending impoverished kids to school. (www.westafricamedicine.org)

I take no salary, living on my social security alone. To get to up-country clinics and schools I ride a 2001 F650GS.

It needs a shock absorber and my two helmets are pretty much worn out, as are my gloves and ROK Straps. Equipment of any quality at all is non-existent here. I've written to several big suppliers (Dennis Kirk, MC Superstore, A&S, Max BMW, etc.) to see if they'd be willing to donate some gear. So far I've had no response from any of them.

I am not asking for donations. What I'm asking is, does anyone have connections with any outfits that might be willing to supply these things? It would be tax-deductible.

I've gotten support for the charity in the past from Caribou Cases, Bohn Armor, Slavens Racing, and, recently, Hepco & Becker. Does anybody have an “in” with any outfits that could supply these things?

Thanks in advance for any help.

No help from me Doc, just want to say hello from a very old friend.  Just noticed that we both joined in Sept. 2001.

Marty