IGNORED

Tewks is an influencer

BobW03

if you have followed the Craigslist find of the day you will see that Pat has found some amazing bikes. One of then is now in my garage, a 2016 RTW. I have been a 'casual' observer of Craigslist myself in my local area but when Pat put it up here, I had to seriously consider it seeing as we live in the same town :grin:. How could he be wrong? After checking availability at MAX , who had a 16 for more money I had to make a decision. The problem is I just bought a 2011 about 2 years ago that only had 10,500 miles from a private sale. I discussed with my wife. " But honey this one is prettier and has more features".  When I brought it home she responds;"it looks like your other bike". Not shown in the photo is the NAV 5 which was included and a pair of Kathy's journey bag liners for the panniers and the BMW cable to connect an ipod in the right pocket.  The add-ons from the add were Ilium Works tip-over bars, handlebar risers, passenger floorboards and enlarged sidestand foot. On the tip-over bars are Clearwater lights and above the license plate is an admore brake light.

SO attached are a few photos and does not look like I will be riding for a while even though it will be almost 50 tomorrow.

20191213_140934[1].jpg

20191213_141036[1].jpg

20191213_141103.jpg

20191213_141145.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Great looking bike. Congrats.

You will be amazed at the difference one generation of development makes.

I hope spring arrives soon for you. Or trailer it south and we can show you some roads to get used to your new bike.

:wave:

• Like 1

Wont know until I get some ride time but they do seem to make the reach comfortable. I think style wise they are better than the risers that go under the bars like on the previous generation RT. 

• Like 1

The traditional black pallet is always a great choice for a boxer.  You can't go wrong looks wise, but the latest generation Wethead/Shiftcam offers so much more performance wise than the previous generation.  I leapt from an 1100 oil head to the Wethead so the change in the character from that boxer bike was likely larger that you might experience, but it will be notable nonetheless.  I do admit that I still have great fondness for the curves of the R1100/1150 RTs, but what the new generation brings in performance and ridability is intoxicating and there is no looking back for me.  To some up you went from a ride that is a gentleman in a tuxedo to a rouge in a tuxedo!

• Like 1

I started with an 03 1150RT in silver and did enjoy that bike a lot. The 2011 was a big difference and I am anxious to put some miles on this 16 in the spring. The 2011 is Ostra Grey and the paint seems to be much less glossy then th 03 or the 16.

In the sun the color of the 16 almost looks deep purple; I am sure this bike will be a highway star. :dance:

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...