IGNORED

2020 shift cam in Austin yellow

gordiet

Yeeha Stephen

Who's your painter?

I have a 1250 RT in Mars Red with the gray nose. Trying to color match the 2 nose pieces in Mars Red and my local painters just can't seem to get it right.

Anyone else have/know a painter that could do it?

SS

Howdy Yeeha Stephen,

I  enlisted the service of the dealer where I purchased my bike.  They outsource paint work to a local guy.  The parts were removed by the service tech and sent out to get painted.   Therein lies the problem:  parts were nowhere near the factory paint when finished.   The local painter returned them a few days later only to find out they did not match the finish.  Mars Red Metallic is a 3 part paint and can be tricky to line up correctly.  So, back to get re-painted.  My hindsight wished the painter would have taken one of the side cases with him for comparison.   *hint hint *    It took 2 weeks instead of the one week ETA.

19 hours ago, Yeeha Stephen said:

Who's your painter?

I have a 1250 RT in Mars Red with the gray nose. Trying to color match the 2 nose pieces in Mars Red and my local painters just can't seem to get it right.

SS

i’ve had this painter do several projects for me. He did all of the painting on a Kawasaki KZ 1300 that I put back together. He did a custom three color paint job on it that was absolutely beautiful. He is an Asian fellow who is an absolute artist. He also did some paint work on my 2015 RT and my K 1600 GT. His shop looks horrible but the work that comes out of there is beautiful.

On 12/19/2019 at 3:25 PM, Yeeha Stephen said:

Who's your painter?

SS

Reach out to Jeff Dean on the MOA forum who has done this on his bike.

• 1 year later...
Motorhead1977

Gordiet, that's a great match! Looks excellent too. Where are you located? Perhaps I can have your paint shop for a fee provide the mixing formula so my shop here can do it? My 2020 RS is also Austin Yellow. I'm in Albany NY.