MikeRC

Patagonia Tour

RandyShields

Fantastic video.  Really beautiful country.

• Thanks 1

Marty Hill

Mike, all I can say is wow.  PS, I'm jealous.:18:

• Thanks 1

TEWKS

Aw, very similar to last June's UN. Well, the tire plugging scene anyway. :rofl: That was spectacular! :clap:

• Haha 1

beemerboy

I've been contemplating this sort of journey myself and look forward to your impressions!

MikeRC
On 12/30/2019 at 7:18 PM, beemerboy said:

I've been contemplating this sort of journey myself and look forward to your impressions!

Since I have zero working knowledge of Spanish, I would never have attempted this trip on my own.  Especially since it involved 4 border crossings.  

If you are wondering how much I enjoyed it..... I'm considering the reverse trip for January 2021  :18:

Still working on pictures and Ride Tale, but here are some teasers.  

GoogleEarthOverview.jpg

20191201_CH235LagoYelcho01.jpg

20191203_CerroCastillo05.jpg

20191207_GroupMtFitzRoy01.jpg

20191212_Penguins02.jpg

Mike

• Like 3

wbw6cos

EPIC!   Definitely on The Bucket list.  Glad to see you posting about it.   Thanks for sharing!!

• Thanks 1

taylor1

I am going to visit a friend this spring who now lives in Medellin, Columbia. No real time constraints. Was planning on just renting a scouter to  see the fairly local scenery. I am now rethinking my whole trip. My friend doesn't ride, so it will be just me.

I guess its research time  Thanks for sharing

• Thanks 1

ron c

Incredible video ......and I’m envious...

I’ve been following “Itchy Boots” on u-tube. Noraly is a woman from the Netherlands riding a Royal Enfield.

She has 2 trips documented. Season 1 starts in India. Season 2 has her in Patagonia heading to Alaska.

I recommend watching her channel.

Regards, Ron C.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MikeRC
23 hours ago, ron c said:

Incredible video ......and I’m envious...

I’ve been following “Itchy Boots” on u-tube. Noraly is a woman from the Netherlands riding a Royal Enfield.

She has 2 trips documented. Season 1 starts in India. Season 2 has her in Patagonia heading to Alaska.

I recommend watching her channel.

Regards, Ron C.

OK, coincidence.   She is actually using some of the same roads we used. [S2 - E34] Battling Dust & Road Works on the Carretera Austral  gives an excellent overview of the variable road conditions. 

If you check out [S2 - Eps 32] First time crossing the Andes she is on the same road as we were (but going the opposite direction).    X-83 in Chile, RP-41 in Argentina.  

On the same day.   

Over the smallest/quietest Argentina/Chile border crossing there is.  

And yes, we were the group she referred to at the 12 minute mark.   Only one member of our group had actually been following her blog/vlog and recognized her. 

But we weren't aware she would be using the same road that day (since her videos are edited in Holland and posted 3-7 days later).  

We had already had lunch and couldn't take the bread or fruit over the border anyway :grin: :grin: :grin: 

Mike Cassidy

ron c

I watched those episodes 2 days ago. Small world, eh?

Ron

• Like 1