IGNORED

R1250RT Audio Level Issue

Warren_H

Took my 1250RT in for the annual service today and an issue I’m have with sound levels from the audio system. When listening to AM, FM, or thumb drive the sound level is equal when I switch to Sirius the sound level is much higher and distorted. There is more distortion when using Bluetooth than the speakers but not much difference.

The service manager who used to be a tech at the same dealer informed me this is a know issue by BMW. They had two other R1250RTs with the same issue in the shop.

He said BMW has provided some fixes, but the issue is still not resolved, and they have engineers working on a fix.  He said they will do what BMW recommends now but it will probably involve a return trip.  Stay tuned

Thanks for posting.   The only sound issue I have found on the 1250 RT is on Sirius XM where all the music had different levels of output; original recording quality, I suspect.  Then once a song is over with, the host will start talking and that will require turning the volume down.  :4317:   Just loud, but not distorted.

I have not had any sound quality issues other than that.   FM seems okay and I have yet to use the bluetooth or MP3 input.  When I get a chance, I may try out the other sources to check.

I have been meaning to post this same issue.  You beat me to it!!!

I have a new 2019 125oRT.  I have used the FM, the USB and the SXM.  I have listened carefully.

The FM and USB are crystal clear.  The SXM has noticeable distortion.  Not bad enough to not listen, but noticeable.

Yes, there is a volume issue, but I have not paid as much attention to that.  It is easy for me to adjust volume on my Sena 20s.

Lets keep this thread open until we hear about a fix!!

Cheers,

You know, this has been exactly the same issue with the radio ever since the first wethead RT (2014)!  If you guys are still having the same issue, I suspect that there isn't any solutions!  I don't use sat-radio at all, except at the very beginning, and experienced exactly what you described in both '14 and '15 RT.  Audio via USB and AM/FM radio were great, and that was what I normally use anyway.

I wonder if repositioning the sat-radio antennae would solve the problem?  The signal may be partially blocked and therefore is erratic in the reception.  Just guessing, because I can't think of anything else that might be the cause.

The audio quality of XM/Sirius sucks when it's at it's best. In the application on the RT it sucks much more. Especially if you pipe into your Bluetooth headset. I've let the SXM one year subscription expire on my 1250 RT and will not be renewing it. 

• 5 months later...
dave_albany

My audio output is hard wired from the receiver head. At any speed above 75, the music becomes distorted.