IGNORED

Cedar Key XVI January 24-26, 2020

Meet and greet, January 25, 2020.

Dock Street, Cedar Key, Florida.

Lunch@ 11:30.

Some of us stay overnight, starting Friday, or earlier.

Happy Hour hosted by McGruff, sunset, Friday, at the FarAway Inn.

We're setting up on the patio area overlooking the water.

Friday dinner decided then.

Saturday riders from Tampa, Jacksonville, Atlanta, and points between meet for lunch on Dock Street.

Waterfront, we'll be easy to find.

Saturday options on the island include flights, boats, more.

Saturday plans for dinner, Happy Hour will be made then.

All activities within walking distance.

If you've never been, come on over.

See why Ceday Key is unique, a holdover from Florida's past, with everything on "island time".

See you soon.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2 weeks!

Weather looking mid 60's.

Arrive hungry.

Sunset Happy Hours on Friday and Saturday.

Turn your watch off for a few days.

Live on Island Time.

Safe travels.

• Like 3

Just got this on my radar (thanks Bernie!) and I’m seeing if anyone from Jax is going? I’m not sure I can but I might just be able to swing it for a Saturday departure coming back on Sunday...

• Like 2

2 more are IN......after burning copious amounts of my firewood stash and itching to ride, today the decision to head south was made.  Room secured at Faraway Inn, so I and Rockosmith (Dave) will see you all friday.  We'll head home early-thirty Sunday (420 & 470 miles)  jb

• Like 2

Tim, Shawn and I had hoped to return again this year, but we could not work around the conflicts. We'll miss you and your hospitality,  the crew and the wonderful sunsets. We really enjoyed the laid-back vibe and company of cedar key. What I neat find!

Thanks again for hosting this, hope to see you soon.

• Like 1

Another great Cedar Key trip.

Here’s proof of how those rainbows are powered... LOL Actually, the photo does not do justice to the vibrancy and we could see both ends but my phone camera didn’t have a wide enough view.

F11E2C7D-B980-4CFF-9F60-4652F2AA48F4.jpeg

7370A50F-0014-411B-BEEB-2638E5D5B9C8.jpeg

6C7ECB1A-B59C-4FAD-B01A-6226E674E75E.jpeg

• Like 6

I had a blast today and no lies were told. Lots of laughs . Thanks to the organizers ! Some of my favorite people in the world were there. I also met some great new friends. 

• Like 4

I watched the Sunrise in Cedar Key and then took off for Woodstock, GA. and made it home in less than 7 hrs. 440 great miles with little traffic until I hit I-75 between Macon and Atlanta.

I had to stop 3 times for gas...my Reserve light came on at 126 miles one time :14:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Sorry I had to miss this one. But family obligations prevented me joining you guys.

I am also glad to see that Rooney was able to find Cedar Key and find his way back home.

His GPS must know what to do. LOL

I did get out today for a 250 mile ride to scrub in the new tires. Beautiful, cool day.

• Like 2

Cedar Key XVI

We had to endure 60 degrees and sunshine, but managed.

It was wonderful to see friends from Alabama, Georgia, and around Florida.

The island vibe took over and smiles were everywhere.

Every meal, coupled with waterfront, spectacular sunrise/sunsets, and excellent companions, was memorable.

Dock Street was crowded.

Rich led a large group of The Tampa Bay Riders. They had to circle the island and park 20+ bikes over adjacent to CKPD/FD, walk back across the bridge. At least it was downwind and sunny.

A few First timers rode up from Tampa.

John and Dave joined Ken in the 400+ mile club riding from N Georgia and Alabama. 

Nice guys. We spent a lot of time sitting on the water, celebrating life.

McGruff welcomed them to Happy Hour/cigarville, a good time was had.

Great friends, great times, great food, great weather.

Think we'll have to do it again next year.

Hope to see you there.

1228815876_CKsunset2011.thumb.jpg.64359ab49fca1e865f6acf13fb0a66d1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Many thanks to Tallman and Kinsley for their efforts to make the Cedar Key gathering happen (again)!  They made me feel welcome, and I really enjoyed the quality time spent together.  The ride home had less chatter between Dave and I than the ride TO the event.  That seems to be a common theme after good times were had... it was a time for savoring the memories!  

Back home and Roxanne (the cat who's been hanging around uninvited) was still here, chasing mice and fussing loudly at me for leaving her for a few days.  

As I write this, the wood burning stove is doing its job of warming the ambiance of The Treehouse....life is good!  jb

• Like 5

Since the date was announced late this year, I'll make amends.

Cedar Key XVII

January 29-31, 2021.

The Lunch, Saturday, January 30, 11:30.

Dock Street.

Happy Hours, Faraway Inn, Friday and Saturday, for sunset viewing.

Make plans to enjoy Island time, friends, great food.

See you there.

• Like 5