IGNORED

Klim Latitude Pants. Opinions Wanted

eddd

My BMW Air Flow pants have served me well, but they will need replacing soon.  I'm leaning toward the Klim Latitude and so I'm looking for any first hand experience with these pants. 

They are pricey but seem like they would meet my needs: they aren't over pants, no separate liners, they are all weather utilizing Gortex, and seem like they will handle a wide range of temperatures.

These will be used for road riding.  I have a different (much cheaper) Klim model for off road/dual sport riding

Thanks for any input.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had mine for three and a half years and used them in North America, Africa & South America.  I probably have about 35,000 miles on them.  They are used with either a Klim Latitide or Klim Apex Air jacket.  They are comfortable down to a couple of degrees above freezing and up to 38º C (100º F), but I haven't worn them in any high humidity environment.  I always wear a base layer under them.  I've been in an hour of driving rain and they didn't leak at all, but whenever I have been in all-day rain I have worn a one-piece rainsuit for the added layer/warmth.  The stitching and Goretex seams have held up well (including the armour pockets), and they wash up well even after a few thousand km of dust & mud. 

I haven't crash tested them, but they seem to be of moderate abrasion resistance without the stiffness of something like an Aerostich Darien/Roadcrafter.  Since they are more of a European than North American cut they should fit well. 

If anyone wants to see the poster child of bad fitting gear they should see me in a Klim Badlands/Badlands Pro suit. 

Mike Cassidy

• Like 1