IGNORED

Pretty Sweet Looking Tigers

TEWKS

I rented a Tiger 800 on my trip through New Zealand last year. Since I had the organizer haul my luggage, I opted for a smaller bike. It was a blast. Much lighter than my RT with a strong engine and very responsive. One of the guys at the shop commented that it was his favorite bike in the livery. The new ones look great. Tempting...

• Like 1
On December 7, 2019 at 6:14 PM, BrianT said:

Definitely on my short list

I'll admit, I do more talking than buying. But, as soon as a 900 Rally Pro is available for demo, Chris Pearl up at National Powersports is gonna give me a ring. :dance:The quest continues! :rofl:

The Bumot panniers look extra adventurous on Tony the Tiger. :classic_biggrin: 

Edit...might even say, "They're Grrreat" looking panniers! :spittake:

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gotta remember you’re looking at the not as sexy 800 there. :grin: The panniers are a “Function of Beauty”. :grin: Oh, you don’t have a 10 Y/O female living on the premises? :rofl:

19 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Gotta remember you’re looking at the not as sexy 800 there. :grin: The panniers are a “Function of Beauty”. :grin: Oh, you don’t have a 10 Y/O female living on the premises? :rofl:

I will agree that "form over function" is beautiful, but not necessarily sexy. One man's opinion of course!

10 year old female? Just my old dog, she's been a good one so far, but I keep telling her she's not as good as the old one before her! She is, I just don't want her to know it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't have a problem with Triumphs but two dealers near me quit selling them due to unrealistic demands and poor support from Triumph itself. 

10 minutes ago, Knobby10 said:

two dealers near me quit selling them due to unrealistic demands and poor support from Triumph itself. 

IMO, the only demand Triumph should be putting on dealerships is, Sell Our Motorcycles!  :dontknow:

• 2 weeks later...

The April pinup bike. :classic_love: She's actually married to one of the ADV guys so at the moment, I'm just admiring. :spittake:

image.jpeg

Ride my son’s Tiger 800 occasionally and love the engine in particular. Was looking to replace my Honda Africa Twin (nice bike but just never bonded) and the new 900 availability to support a June ride to Alaska and the MOA Rally wasn’t going to work (best laid plans...) so started investigating other mid-range bikes and rode a KTM 790.  Nice bike (great motor and quickshifter but minimal weather protection) but ultimately decided somewhat questionable quality issues and dealer network (not exactly Triumph strengths) led me back to BMW. Found a barely used 2019 850 GSA Rallye and no regrets, great range/protection with the Adventure’s bigger rank and fairing.  I’ll let the early adopters work through any teething issues with the 900 and then give one a test ride. An improved triple sounds enticing to be sure. 

• Like 1