IGNORED

Obolo fuel pump engaging wires Jerry Rigged...

WOLF KOFI

Hi everyone, Im trying to solve a wiring bypass created by the previous mechanics and owners...

Ok here it is

1. When the wires are put together properly the bike wont start... but when they are cut and join to together the bike starts and the fuel pump engages....

please let me know what the wires actually go to so I can start trouble shooting properly...

Humble respects 

Kofi

20191202_200101.jpg

20191202_200119.jpg

12 hours ago, WOLF KOFI said:

Hi everyone, Im trying to solve a wiring bypass created by the previous mechanics and owners...

Ok here it is

1. When the wires are put together properly the bike wont start... but when they are cut and join to together the bike starts and the fuel pump engages....

please let me know what the wires actually go to so I can start trouble shooting properly...

Humble respects 

Kofi

20191202_200101.jpg

20191202_200119.jpg

Morning Wolf

Only have a minute, 

Those look like the side stand switch wires. Does your bike still have a working side stand switch? 

EDIT-- I mis-read your post above as I now see that the engine WON'T run with the wires properly connected. (I read that incorrectly earlier this morning but now I'm not sure)

I'm still a bit confused on what  are you saying here. 

---"When the wires are put together properly the bike wont start... but when they are cut and join to together the bike starts and the fuel pump engages"---

5 hours ago, WOLF KOFI said:

Ok here it is

Humble respects 

Kofi

Morning WOLF

See my correction in my post  above, I misread your post as I was in a hurry  early this morning so  I  somehow read that the  wires needed to be connected together for the engine to run, not "only" run with them disconnected (that isn't consistent with a side stand switch circuit) so it is something else. 

I'm not familiar with that circuit & can't seem to find it on my wire diagrams,  SO,  Clean up the wires  then look closely at their color &  stripe color. The post back with the stripe color on each wire?

They both look green (that part I see) but I need the EXACT color of the stripe on each wire (then I'll see what I can find).

Do you have any idea in what country that 1100RT was originally purchased? That might help me identify the wire circuit. 

I see an idle trim pot (Co potentiometer) so it definitely isn't a U.S. or Canadian bike. (It also won't have an operational  o2 sensor). 

2 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Morning WOLF

See my correction in my post  above, I misread your post as I was in a hurry  early this morning so  I  somehow read that the  wires needed to be connected together for the engine to run, not "only" run with them disconnected (that isn't consistent with a side stand switch circuit) so it is something else. 

I'm not familiar with that circuit & can't seem to find it on my wire diagrams,  SO,  Clean up the wires  then look closely at their color &  stripe color. The post back with the stripe color on each wire?

They both look green (that part I see) but I need the EXACT color of the stripe on each wire (then I'll see what I can find).

Do you have any idea in what country that 1100RT was originally purchased? That might help me identify the wire circuit. 

I see an idle trim pot (Co potentiometer) so it definitely isn't a U.S. or Canadian bike. (It also won't have an operational  o2 sensor). 

Ok thanks bro... the bike came in from Uganda which mean it could be from anywhere sir... sorry... i have the papers for uganda only 

26 minutes ago, WOLF KOFI said:

Ok thanks bro... the bike came in from Uganda which mean it could be from anywhere sir... sorry... i have the papers for uganda only 

What color are wire stripes? 

Can't say I have ever been involved with a Uganda BMW before (this will test my wire schematics)

Lol there is no such bike in uganda...  I dare to say Africa is a dump ground for alot of machines...  but once i get obolo straight he woll give me many more years...even with his unknow milage and history....

Afternoon WOLF

This still doesn't make a lot of sense to me. 

Are you sure the green wire doesn't have a colored stripe on it?  

It still sounds like the side stand switch wires so lets go back to that-

Please FULLY explain what you mean by this__  

What do you mean by put together properly?????

I'm pretty sure that you are dealing with the side stand switch wires if you need to connect them together to get the engine to start or run. 

Are you sure that the wire colors aren't green/with/yellow stripe  and   green/with/red stripe? 

Hi sir ok...

The wires are two

1. Green and red wire and green and yellow... 

But i think the clutch is out or the tranny is gone from lack of proper maintenance im sure...smh

33 minutes ago, WOLF KOFI said:

Hi sir ok...

The wires are two

1. Green and red wire and green and yellow... 

But i think the clutch is out or the tranny is gone from lack of proper maintenance im sure...smh

Evening WOLF

OK, those are the side stand wire colors.  

What is wrong with your trans or clutch (start a new thread on that so it doesn't get mixed in with this wiring thread).

Hi sir....yes it is the kickstand switch... cant under why they jerry rig so much...thanks for the help on that one... will put the switch on order...

5 hours ago, WOLF KOFI said:

Hi sir....yes it is the kickstand switch... cant under why they jerry rig so much...thanks for the help on that one... will put the switch on order...

Morning WOLF

Are you sure that it needs a new side stand switch?

On your 1100 bike (with side stand switch connected)  the engine will only start & stay running with the side stand UP.

With switch hooked up then the 1100 engine won't start or run with the side stand down. (this is way it is designed to operate)

Next time i go down to the basement hook the wires back to normsl then put up the stand be im quite sure the the vike wont start WITH THE SIDE STAND UP....