IGNORED

RE: SENA SMH 10 finally died

Skywagon

Time to replace it.  It did all the things I needed e.g.  synced with Nav 5, iPhone, BMW radio on wethead, and communications with buddies on other bikes with SENA.  I need to buy something to replace.  What would you buy, SMH 10, 10S, 20S Evo, or 30k and why. 

Uses are simple.  I listen to Pandora most of the time, switch to BMW radio to listen to sports games when riding on weekends, and on occasion will listen to music on iPhone.  Connection to iPhone for calls is important.

It's not a battery issue...I replace that about a year ago.  It's just finally fried after about 10 years of use.

Don't need....camera...Never 2 up

thanks for your opinions.

(disclaimer:  not an expert, just an opinion from personal experience)

The Sena of choice for me is the 20S Evo...it will do all the things you listed as important to you.  I ride with 2 other people fairly often and one fella's SMH 10 was a fly in the ointment, causing unusual things to happen that didn't happen if he was connected to only 1 other person.  He finally bought a 20S Evo and all's well in his world now.   We'll see what others have to say as input.....

Cheers, jb

Get the 20S for the extra range compared to the SMH10. If you want to be future-proof get the 30K which includes MESH functionality. 

I also recommend the 20S. I upgraded to the 30 last spring and I can tell you that it is still not ready to be released. Almost everyone I know that has the 30 has had to send it back for a replacement at least once, me included. Now the sound on the new 30 gets garbled after a couple of hours use and has to be rebooted to fix it. I rode last Saturday ans used my 20S with no problems. 

I have a 20S Evo and I frequently ride with people with SMH10 and Sena Momentum helmets. No issues. The 20S Evo noise reduction is far superior to the SMH 10.