IGNORED

R1100RT Owners manual

JimmR75

2 hours ago, JimmR75 said:

Does anyone have a pdf version of the owner's manual for a 97 RT?  I have the service manual.

Thanks in advance for any reply.

- Jim 

Morning Jim

BMW didn't have the older riders manual in.PDF format (they were just paper form back then) so you will have to find someone that has taken the time & effort to copy an original paper manual into digital format then posted it. 

Look on E-Bay  (keep looking) as older riders manuals get put up for sale on there occasionally. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, JimmR75 said:

Thanks DR, I understand and agree.  I was hoping that someone had done what you mention and scanned one at some point.  

Evening Jim

Some probably have for their own use (carrying with them in their cell phone)  but  not many honest people  would post them on-line as I believe the BMW riders manual is copyrighted.

I don't know about the older ones but newer ones say "Not to be reproduced either wholly or in part without written permission from BMW Motorrad after Sales". 

Thanks guys, the copyright comment makes sense and the availability might explain the pricing!  

This forum has been a better source of information anyway!

I have a PDF copy of the R-Series Repair Manual manual if you want. I don't remember where or how I got it years ago, or whether it's still available online.

It's 22.5 Mb, so I would need to send it as an e-mail attachment, since this forum has a max total size limit of 14.64 Mb.

11 hours ago, Lowndes said:

As soon as he gets it he'll wonder why he needed it.  That's what I did.  Not much of value there.

Yep, make that a +1.