IGNORED

R1300RT coming ???

RTinNC

Saw this on the MOA site and thought I would pass it along.  Have no idea if this is happening or not.

This was seen on SierraBMW........

NEW BIKE INVENTORY - BMW MOTORCYCLES - UPDATED: 11/01/2019

2020 R18 TAKING DEPOSITS.

2020 R1300RT M TAKING DEPOSITS.

2020 S1000RR TAKING DEPOSITS.

2020 K1600GTL POLLUX METALLIC EN ROUTE!

2020 R1250GSA RED/WHT/BLU HP FACTORY LOW IN STOCK; EXCLUSIVE FACTORY LOW EN ROUTE; EXCLUSIVE IN STOCK!
2020 R1250RT TAKING DEPOSITS!
2020 R1250GS RED/WHT/BLU HP IN STOCK!

2020 RnineT PURE /5 REPLICA 50TH ANNIVERSARY MODEL IN STOCK!
2020 R1250RS BLUE EN ROUTE!
2020 F750GS FACTORY LOW EXCLUSIVE IN STOCK; FACTORY LOW WHITE IN STOCK!
2020 R1250R BLACK IN STOCK; POLLUX MATTE METALLIC IN STOCK!

https://www.sierrabmw.com/new-inventory

Not sure I understand that.  Wouldn't bringing out a new 1300 RT and GS so quickly after launching the 1250 RT and GS potentially limit sales of the 1250s?

You are probably correct but hey BMW has done stranger things in the past.  Didn't they up the K1200GT to a K1300 for like one or 2 model years? 

20 minutes ago, Don Miller said:

R1300GS.jpg

That may in fact be the prototype for the R1300GS/m?

very street looking with short beak

there is chatter about that online as well

46 minutes ago, bwpsg42 said:

different throttle body and exhaust arrangement than the current LC, right?  

Evening bwpsg42

Rear brake rotor on the R/H side, no liquid cooling, looks like a hexhead engine.  I don't know, looks iffy.  Maybe for parts of the world where there is  lax emission & noise  compliance laws.  

Unless BMW has a magic wand  & found a way to make the old 1200 hexhead era  powertrain Euro emission & noise  compliant. 

From the post on the MOA 

"Three trademarks filed by BMW with the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) in 2019 suggest that the M division will crossover to the motorcycle side. In fact, the company has secured the names M 1000 RR, M 1300 GS, and M 1000 XR."

BMW has hinted at this before. Based on the success of the "M" series cars and suv's. Those have at least a higher output engine if not a larger one to start with. Enhanced brakes, suspension, wheels and tires. Typically different body pieces. 

Increasing the Shifthead to close to 1300 cc, factory Akropovic, maybe different throttle bodies and cams, different tuning would easily allow a 160 hp Boxer "M"! 190 rear tire, carbon fiber wheels, whoopass brakes, and some color unique to the M series. Or two colors if BMW is feeling their oats. I have heard they will come with a WERKS Quiet Ride screen from the factory....

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, RTinNC said:

From the post on the MOA 

"Three trademarks filed by BMW with the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) in 2019 suggest that the M division will crossover to the motorcycle side. In fact, the company has secured the names M 1000 RR, M 1300 GS, and M 1000 XR."

Morning RTinNC

This would make sense as BMW released info a while back that they were possibly  looking into offering M series motorcycles. They are probably just securing the  M 1000 RR, M 1300 GS, and M 1000 XR names for future use so someone else doesn't grab those names (on speculation) then BMW would have to buy the rights to use them in the future. 

well it would let the recoup costs in the 1300RT comes with a new fairing and dash, use the M bikes to preview the changes to the regular model line.

I am just waiting to see what the R1800 tour version looks like and costs, I never expected to hold on to my current bike more than a year if that

Well if the M series bikes are going to offer more HP and enhanced braking, they may want to source some tires that can withstand it all.  Just sayin'

Dennis Andress
On 11/25/2019 at 12:15 PM, TEWKS said:

R1300 GSA M :4296: yes BMW, I will sell children if necessary! :classic_biggrin:

I had you pegged for a R18...

28 minutes ago, Dennis Andress said:

I had you pegged for a R18...

R18 GSA? Yeah baby! :dance:

Well, unlike a 1300, ;) an 1800 might be just a wee bit too big for off-road! :rofl:

I've decided to keep what I have for now. Or at least until, BMW builds a bike that pushes the right button. I know it's coming...

• Like 1
On 11/26/2019 at 5:19 AM, realshelby said:

BMW has hinted at this before. Based on the success of the "M" series cars and suv's. Those have at least a higher output engine if not a larger one to start with. Enhanced brakes, suspension, wheels and tires. Typically different body pieces. 

Increasing the Shifthead to close to 1300 cc, factory Akropovic, maybe different throttle bodies and cams, different tuning would easily allow a 160 hp Boxer "M"! 190 rear tire, carbon fiber wheels, whoopass brakes, and some color unique to the M series. Or two colors if BMW is feeling their oats. I have heard they will come with a WERKS Quiet Ride screen from the factory.... 

Quite ride screen, what do you mean?

GT

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2019 at 12:28 PM, RTinNC said:

Saw this on the MOA site and thought I would pass it along.  Have no idea if this is happening or not.

This was seen on SierraBMW........

NEW BIKE INVENTORY - BMW MOTORCYCLES - UPDATED: 11/01/2019

2020 R18 TAKING DEPOSITS.

2020 R1300RT M TAKING DEPOSITS.

2020 S1000RR TAKING DEPOSITS.

2020 K1600GTL POLLUX METALLIC EN ROUTE!

2020 R1250GSA RED/WHT/BLU HP FACTORY LOW IN STOCK; EXCLUSIVE FACTORY LOW EN ROUTE; EXCLUSIVE IN STOCK!
2020 R1250RT TAKING DEPOSITS!
2020 R1250GS RED/WHT/BLU HP IN STOCK!

2020 RnineT PURE /5 REPLICA 50TH ANNIVERSARY MODEL IN STOCK!
2020 R1250RS BLUE EN ROUTE!
2020 F750GS FACTORY LOW EXCLUSIVE IN STOCK; FACTORY LOW WHITE IN STOCK!
2020 R1250R BLACK IN STOCK; POLLUX MATTE METALLIC IN STOCK!

https://www.sierrabmw.com/new-inventory

RT with a TFT display finally??? :4322:

1 minute ago, wbw6cos said:

Maybe they can put an LED headlight on it too.

+1 for sure. Spent over an hour reading multiple forum threads recently on halogen bulb replacement alternatives. Guess what? Bought another Sylvania knowing it will go out in exactly half a year.

• 3 months later...

The RT is the only 2020 BMW model to be offered with a $1K factory discount plus free big top case.  To me this seems prudent of BMW if they plan to replace it with an R1300RT or even an "M" version in the next month or two.  Any new true rumors out there?

• 1 year later...