IGNORED

99 R1100R Windshield windscreen

geoff kooris

I have a 1999 R1100R, and I picked up a factory windshield with the brackets attached. I can’t for the life of me figure out how the windshield mounts. Owner’s manual doesn’t show, neither does my aftermarket manual. If someone has some good photos of how it mounts I’d be very grateful. Thanks!

Geoff - do  a forum search. Someone asked the same question and I posted some pictures of my bike. I think it was this past Sept.

Under the top of the "triple clamp" and the other upper is underside of the bars, IIRC.

On 11/19/2019 at 10:16 AM, geoff kooris said:

I have a 1999 R1100R, and I picked up a factory windshield with the brackets attached. I can’t for the life of me figure out how the windshield mounts. Owner’s manual doesn’t show, neither does my aftermarket manual. If someone has some good photos of how it mounts I’d be very grateful. Thanks!

Geoff,

If you don't have it you can look things up on the "A&S BMW Motorcycle Parts Fiche" sometimes that helps also.  There are a few sites like this one, but this one works.  

There are some metal clamps that go under the handlebar mounts as I remember, after taking mine off.

You'll need those as well, if you don't have them yet. Or you can manufacture them...

Dan.