IGNORED

RT Saddle Bags

sprung

Am I alone in wishing there was a "commuter" bag option for the R12RT. Don't get me wrong, I think the bags are great for traveling, but they're so big and heavy. It would be nice if there were an option for smaller ones for day to day use.

The Givi cruiser bags I have on my Nighthawk are about half the size and 1/3 the weight of the RT's bags. I can't put my helmet in them but have plenty of room for my lunch and everything else I need to bring back and forth the work with me every day.

Just a thought.

I just use a backpack. Carry my laptop, lunch, and other small items. It works great and the counterbalance is comfortable. If I know I'll need more carry space I just snap on the "babies got back" bags and go.

--russ

There are city lids for the old bags, I've just not seen them out for the new ones. The city lids are nice because they are virtually flat so the bike looks much slimmer but still keeps the usefulness of the bags.

I wonder who I need to talk to at BMW to get us some city lids. I suppose it's unlikely that an aftermarket co. will produce something along those lines.

There are city lids for the old bags, I've just not seen them out for the new ones. The city lids are nice because they are virtually flat so the bike looks much slimmer but still keeps the usefulness of the bags.

If my currency conversion is right it looks like the Japanese lids go for $383.50 to $511.25 for the 1200RT. I guess the higher price is for color matched lids.

I would pay this for a narrower set of lids, anyone here do business in Japan that might be able to get more info?

These are pretty much exactly what I had in mind! So I guess I'm not alone. Without being able to read Japanese it's hard to tell who makes them though. I'll do a little more research and try to find out more. If we can get in contact with the company maybe there's a possibility for a group buy?

After-market "city" lids available in Japan:

http://www.datz-bmw.co.jp/shop/rt/index.html

These are pretty much exactly what I had in mind! So I guess I'm not alone. Without being able to read Japanese it's hard to tell who makes them though. I'll do a little more research and try to find out more. If we can get in contact with the company maybe there's a possibility for a group buy?

Please read the terms and conditions of this site. Group buys are not permitted.

Andy

John Bentall

This link seems to be pointing at items that I would expect a Japanese distributor for Wunderlich to carry.

Would a Japanese reader care to confirm beyond doubt that these are "city lids". The molds to make these will have been extremely expensive.

Yes, so expensive that it is hard to believe whoever paid for the tooling would restrict their market to Japan. Surely somebody will distribute them in other countries soon. If they are any good of course.

I didn't mean group buy in conventional terms, I am not a reseller of any kind. I'm just a guy with a new RT looking for an option of smaller bags.

What I meant in that post was that if these replacmenet lids are any good and I can figure out how to get them here in the US I'd be glad to share that info with any fellow rider who may be interested.

Please read the terms and conditions of this site. Group buys are not permitted.

Andy

Archived