IGNORED

Time

strataj

My bike didn't self update the time after the change back to standard time.  I check the menu by going into user to make sure GPS time was selected.  The Nav V is working and interfaces with the bike Wonderwheeel ie change page and receives GPS voice commands.  Any ideas? 

1 hour ago, strataj said:

My bike didn't self update the time after the change back to standard time.  I check the menu by going into user to make sure GPS time was selected.  The Nav V is working and interfaces with the bike Wonderwheeel ie change page and receives GPS voice commands.  Any ideas? 

Afternoon  strataj

What time does you GPS show. If the GPS isn't outside to get a good look at the sky then it can't lock onto the satellites & update itself. 

4 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon  strataj

What time does you GPS show. If the GPS isn't outside to get a good look at the sky then it can't lock onto the satellites & update itself. 

Hi DR. 

It's an hour ahead and yes I've taken the bike for a nice ride, no time update. The GPS show correct time.  I'm had my 14R1200RT since February 2014, it's always updated on it's own.  It has been a great feature even keeping correct time when I've changed time zone.  

19 minutes ago, strataj said:

Hi DR. 

It's an hour ahead and yes I've taken the bike for a nice ride, no time update. The GPS show correct time.  I'm had my 14R1200RT since February 2014, it's always updated on it's own.  It has been a great feature even keeping correct time when I've changed time zone.  

Afternoon strataj

You might re-verify that you are set to__   Accept GPS time and GPS date from the built-in navigation system (On)

43 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon strataj

You might re-verify that you are set to__   Accept GPS time and GPS date from the built-in navigation system (On)

Thanks DR, I've done this I guess I'll update the time manually and see what happens when DST starts

Best

I just went out for a ride for the first time since the switch to standard time. My 2015RT is also stuck in Daylight time.  Nav shows the correct time, but bike shows an hour later. 

A thread on a different forum points to the Nav V as the culprit, either it doesn't recognize the change or it doesn't communicate it to the bike.

It couldn't hurt to be sure your Nav is updated through Garmin Express, there may be a firmware update that fixes it. Take the opportunity to download & install the latest map updates too, current is 2020.20

Just now, WBinDE said:

A thread on a different forum points to the Nav V as the culprit, either it doesn't recognize the change or it doesn't communicate it to the bike.

It couldn't hurt to be sure your Nav is updated through Garmin Express, there may be a firmware update that fixes it. Take the opportunity to download & install the latest map updates too, current is 2020.20

Afternoon WBinDE

Current NT map is 2020.3_

Just now, dirtrider said:

Afternoon WBinDE

Current NT map is 2020.3_

Wow, I just hooked up to Basecamp a couple of weeks ago and it didn't offer to upgrade me. Thanks for the info.

One of the guys in my local club keeps us posted on all updates, I'm current.  I did look at the GPS setting earlier won't hurt to play with them. 

3 minutes ago, ExGMan said:

I've got 2020.30 as the current. Maybe that's the problem?

I wouldn't think so that's just the map.  It could would be a firmware issue, if so I hope an update is coming soon. 

1 hour ago, strataj said:

I wouldn't think so that's just the map.  It could would be a firmware issue, if so I hope an update is coming soon. 

Afternoon strataj

You might try a computer hook up as all my GPS units just got a small time zone update. It covered a lot of countries & areas but I didn't see the U.S. as one of the added time zone updates. (still maybe)

• Like 1

Pretty depressing right now with all the cold and snow we are getting in the upper mid west I'll just leave the time to DST, prolly because it will be the correct time before I get to ride again!

I am having a problem with the time also.  If you go into the Apps on the Nav V and check the date on the World Clock.  If it is wrong, it is the firm ware of the GPS.

I contacted Garmin and they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix.  If you call then and let them know you have the problem, they will put you on their list to be notified when the fix is done.  My understanding of it is that it all comes from the year 2000 switch over on the clocks or something like that.

Bill

Bill,  Thanks for posting this. I hope you are misunderstanding what they were trying to say because the "year 2000 switchover" took place 19 years ago.   :ohboy:

Not good for Garmin

I'm not sure this has a direct relation with the year 2000 roll over. My Nav V worked fine until I did the 2020.30 update. 

IMO it may be an indirect relation as in  they pushed a fix for all device and broke ours. 

I've sent an email to Garmin to and got this reply:

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for choosing Garmin.  I am going to have to add you to a case we have created to investigate this issue. I apologize but we do not have a time frame on a resolution for this issue.

Charles

Product Support

Garmin International

For 24-hour access to support videos, manuals, FAQs & more, visit the Support Center.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! a bug, I have the exact same problem, spent an hour or so resetting defaults on the bike, clearing the NAV 5 memory etc etc.

Should have looked here first!!!  I will email Garmin support...

FWIW, I didn't have any problem with my up-to-date NAV VI.  However, I did have the unit on while it was off the bike after the DST change, so the GPS already had the correct time before the bike was fired up.  That may matter.

• Like 1

OMG!  That cooks it for me no wethead in my future if no automatic time change from daylight to standard.  Maybe time to start a class action lawsuit?  

7 hours ago, JamesW said:

OMG!  That cooks it for me no wethead in my future if no automatic time change from daylight to standard.  Maybe time to start a class action lawsuit?  

My 2018 RT and Nav6 changed from Daylight Saving to Standard time with no problems.

It did require for me to install the Nav 6 on the bike and then start the bike and let the Nav6 boot up fully.

Maybe it helps to keep your Nav6 updated? Of course that is not possible automatically.

Of course I am sure your local dealer will gladly update your Nav6 for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Garmin has the fix out, it's available via Garmin Express.  My Wethead now updates the time to the bike correctly and the date is correct in the Nav V.