IGNORED

Radio Garden

roadscholar

This opens a new world for me, love good radio. In the 60’s and 70’s we listened to WLAC in Chicago (from Daytona) and traveling cross country Wolfman Jack out of Del Rio, Texas, seemed like you could get him for 1000 miles. LA had some great FM stations then too. 

College towns are usually pretty good too but hey I’m digging this little station in Paonia, groovy : )

That’s a very cool link!

I listened to a lot of internet radio stations (some linked to “real” radio stations, but most solely internet based) when we lived in very rural Alaska, but I haven’t done so much since we came back to the lower 48. 

Right now I’m listening to the local station in my college town, Sitka :)  

• Like 2

When I was more active with my Ham radio equipment I used to dial up the short wave stations at night. Quite a few English speaking stations around the world. 

It opened my eyes to what goes on outside our borders.   I need to fire up the rig again and see what is going on! This RadioGarden has a similar feel. 

On 11/8/2019 at 9:07 PM, roadscholar said:

Still listening to this little station in Paonia, Colorado, not just offering eclectic choices in music but on Sunday afternoons a syndicated broadcast of 'The Thomas Jefferson Hour'.  A look into the mind of one our more thoughtful founders and 3rd President, recommended no matter which side you're on.. 

https://jeffersonhour.com/abouttjh/

• 2 weeks later...