IGNORED

Getting a '15 RT tomorrow!

Riderdrumr

Hi everyone!

Tomorrow is going to rank right up there as one of the best days! I am picking up a fully loaded 2015 R1200RT from Alexandria, VA. My current bike has been the MOST reliable bike I've ever had; a 1999 Honda ST1100. I sincerely wish I could hold onto it as it'll go 200k+ miles. However, I promised myself that for my 50th bday (not until May '20) I would finally have a bike from this millennium and enjoy some creature comforts. I ride with a BMW group in NJ now and seeing all those beautiful bikes made me finally pull the trigger. I'll post pics once I get it.

I ride year-round and put on about 10-13k miles per year. I bought the Honda in '12 with 30k miles and it now has 110k miles. I plan on riding a bit more with the RT. If anyone wants a cheap sport touring Honda, let me know! I posted this in ST-owners forum, too. I'll officially list it soon. Until then, I guess I have to keep both bikes in the garage. Darn! ;)

Looking forward to participating in this forum. I plan to do my own maintenance with the RT, including tire changes. Looks like I'll have several questions along the way. Shopping now for a reasonable GS911. Any advice?

Have a great day!

Dave 

• Like 4

Riderdrumr,

WELCOME to the forum and to BMW's!!  I think you'll really like the RT.  I have the Honda ST1300 and it is a very capable ride but the BMW has it beat in several categories including handling.  The BMW Telelever  front end will be a big improvement (no front brake dive, more precise handling), for one thing.  The ST is more of a straight "Tourting bike" while the RT really puts more of the "Sport" in it.

The "rule" here is we gotta have pics "or it didn't happen."

BIG smiles coming to your house!!

You might be interested in an alternative to the GS911 posted here on this forum:  https://www.bmwsporttouring.com/topic/94386-gs911/ , fourth post, by PadG.

• Like 1

Welcome to the asylum...your room is 3rd on the right!   

You'll love the '15RT...if you don't there's something wrong with you!  

I have owned a Honda ST1100 & an ST1300, plus 4 Gold Wings and loved those as well, but the RT is WUNDERBARE!  jb

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Very, very nice.  You will have many years of enjoyment.  I myself just got a new to me '09 GT and couldn't stand the thought of getting rid of my '05 RT (84K miles), so I have them both.

• 1 month later...