Whip

BMW MOA National Rally JUNE 25-28

Whip

The BMW MOA National Rally will visit Great Falls, Montana June-28, 2020.

We can become a "Charter" if we can get ten members of MOA and BMWST to show up as a group. 

Upon forming the "Charter" we can reserve our own camping area and participate in the festivities.

The question is...Do we have ten (or more) members interested in going to the MOA Rally?

If we do maybe we can make it an annual event?

Whip

MikeB60

We are still on the fence for next summer.  DyAnne and I have discussed the National, we have fallen in love with Montana, but are still undecided.  If we don't head to Montana, our plans are to make the event in Wisconsin.  The UN just wont fit in the work schedule next year.

Generally, we plan on attending the UN which doesn't leave much of an option to make the National.  I suspect many of the working stiffs are in the same predicament.           

szurszewski

I could be talked into this, and I’m a MOA member. 

Bernie

I have been thinking of making the ride to the MOA, but it is too early to make any firm commitments.

But it has been a few years since I been out west (UnRally XI in Salida, CO in 2012). 

• Like 1

bwpsg42

I'm planning a cross country trip for next year that is kinda, sorta, maybe firm.  I had been thinking of earlier in the year but since this is in Montana, I could change  to hit it on the back side.

I'm an MOA member as well.

• Like 2

KDeline

We are planning on it, I am an MOA member, BUT. Kate uses a Cpap so we need to be in the medical area. Can we still be counted so you get your area? Is that fudging? 

**   Chris   **

I am interested.  It just depends on a lot of moving parts.

Whip

Knobby10

Some of my group have talked about it. May trailer part way....too early

Carlisja

Interested.  If you get 9 others to commit, I will too.  Also an MOA number but have never gone to a rally.

AZgman

I am an MOA member and may go to the national rally. Too early for me to commit however.

• Like 1

scout6

Sure and I ate both members and in!

simskid

I'm in.  Annual trip to Minnesota from CT and I'll just keep going.  Keep me posted.

John

2016 RT

randy

sorry I cannot help, it is beyond my 1,250 one way length limit.  :-(

Traveler1

Looks like I will be able to make it.    I'm an MOA member.

LBump

In all the years I've been a MOA member and have never gone to their national rally.  Maybe this will work and be the first one .  Sure do love the riding in the area. 

Red

"if we can get ten members of MOA and BMWST to show up as a group."  I think this might be a problem.  We probably have many ST members who are MOA members, such as myself.  I am going to the MOA rally.  More than glad to sign in as an ST member.  Problem is "showing up as a group".  We all come from different distances and different directions.  To arrive at the same time and place is near impossible.  If we could arrive at our own times and simply declare we are BMWST club members, this should be easy to pull off.  Riding in as a group is a logistical nightmare.

szurszewski
7 hours ago, Red said:

"if we can get ten members of MOA and BMWST to show up as a group."  I think this might be a problem.  We probably have many ST members who are MOA members, such as myself.  I am going to the MOA rally.  More than glad to sign in as an ST member.  Problem is "showing up as a group".  We all come from different distances and different directions.  To arrive at the same time and place is near impossible.  If we could arrive at our own times and simply declare we are BMWST club members, this should be easy to pull off.  Riding in as a group is a logistical nightmare.

I just reread Whip's post - I'd assumed/read that we just needed to have at least ten in attendance, but upon that reread, I can see it the way you read it.

@Whip can you clarify this for us? If it does need to be an in-person-at-time-of-registration thing that's obviously more of a pain, but I don't think it would be too hard to pull off...

Whip

I think we just need to have ten members in our group. They don't have to show up at the same time or even show up at the event just be in the group.

@scout6

??

• Like 1

realshelby

The nice thing about having a "group" is that you will all be together in one spot. At least for those camping. That part would be good. Another good thing is that everyone will be able to do what they want, as others will be "running" the rally. 

On the other hand, the two major BMW Rallies from MOA and RA are the reason we started the UNrally!

I am a member, more as a business reason than any other. But I wouldn't mind this venue. Too early to commit. 

scout6

Hi Gang,

Whip has asked me to run with this project.  If you are an MOA member, and are not listed above, please let me know.  I think we have ten folks between us.  I will get the paperwork done and submitted.  Looking forward to seeing you at the MOA and the rest of the events next season.

Rob Stevens

• Like 1

scout6

I've sent many of you a pm asking for some MOA data.   Thanks.

Rob

If you do not get a note from me, this is what I have sent out.  Feel free to PM me with your info as we put this together.

My PM:

Hi,

Rob Stevens (Scout6) here.  I am setting up our charter application for the ST Group.  Whip called and told me to do so, so what else can I do.  My wife Susan and I are both members of the MOA, and go to the International Rally each year.

Can you please send me your full name, MOA membership number, and the current expiration of your membership?

Thanks so much.  Whether we all make it to the rally or not, we can become a chartered club, which allows us to set up a camping area together.

Rob Stevens

• Like 1

3Putt

I'm a member, I'll send you my info later today.

I might be able to make the rally. 

Bernie
On 12/8/2019 at 9:44 PM, scout6 said:

I've sent many of you a pm asking for some MOA data.   Thanks.

Rob

If you do not get a note from me, this is what I have sent out.  Feel free to PM me with your info as we put this together.

My PM:

Hi,

Rob Stevens (Scout6) here.  I am setting up our charter application for the ST Group.  Whip called and told me to do so, so what else can I do.  My wife Susan and I are both members of the MOA, and go to the International Rally each year.

Can you please send me your full name, MOA membership number, and the current expiration of your membership?

Thanks so much.  Whether we all make it to the rally or not, we can become a chartered club, which allows us to set up a camping area together.

Rob Stevens

pm send

Foot

I could make this easier than the UN. I am a MOA member. The Rally here in Lebanon, TN had more vendors in one place that I have ever seen. Considering it.

Alan