IGNORED

New to Me R1150Rt...

Tush

Good to know on the float vs sender unit. Thanks 

Yes, I am replacing the U hose with one from Beemer boneyard.   If I had a do over, I would have simply got my little Dremel tool out and have cut that clamp off since I wasn’t re using the clamp or hose anyway.   The clamps that come in the boneyard kits are fuel injection style clamps.  I’m sure they will be more than adequate. 

Thanks for watching and commenting.    I’ll get back to it once my parts arrive.  

Cheers, 

Tush

• 2 weeks later...

Tush- Ive got a different take on the side stand interference. When I bought my 1100RT, the PO must have gotten irritated with that goofy wire thing and cut it off. I later welded on a flat plate so I could easily "toe" the sidestand down. I always am standing when I lower the Sidestand. Dave

36696640-980B-4A45-BC13-0B6AB5E93EE0.jpeg

B8F3D9DA-A344-45B2-86E9-D2C661ADDD79.jpeg

B3C76988-EFC3-42D0-B80F-E856923370BB.jpeg

• Like 1

hey tush

in the same boat at the same time, renovating a '04 RT at the moment, silver even. What I've noticed so far is that whatever list of stuff you make of things you need to do... it grows longer as you keep at it! :)

Just an example - saw DR's mention of lubing the shift link here - since I have the left footpeg off already from the starter check...

someday we'll get to ride them!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Tush, I’ve enjoyed all your BMW 

Videos.  I just picked up an 2002.  
same exact bike. Only 19k on the odometer.   Original owner says it hasn’t run for 4 years.  From the looks of the gas tank and fuel pump it’s more like 14.  
never seen soooo much varnish. 
The hoses have actually discintigrated. 
turned to mush.   But it does crank and I have spark.  
trying to get a pump from Beemer boneyard.  They are out of stock on most parts I need.   So it’s after market I guess.  
just wanted to thank your for the time and effort you put in your videos.  I’ve seen 

some of your car restorations as well.  
wish me luck.   Roll’in on the River!

Welcome, I too have an 03 and going thru the process of what should I do, as my abs is failing. I have 113,000 miles on it and love the bike. I'm not sure on your model but you may have a repairable module . Modulemaster does repair some of the units. I'm sure someone on this forum knows. They dont repair mine.  But I do like the abs brakes. Just took a little time to get used to them. You will enjoy the bike.