IGNORED

testing old fourm links

ChrisNYC

1 hour ago, ChrisNYC said:

Chris (aka Tender Vittles )
Little '77 KZ400 in the Big Apple
Black '99 RT for Everywhere Else,

Ok so help me out here with a bit more detail . 

Depending on the circumstance most internal links in old posts still reference ubbthreads in the URL which is why they don't work.  Or it may reference a directory that existed on the old server that only existed because of the old software configuration.

The old posts transferred, but it was not possible to update the link reference during the conversion.  However you usually can find the old post using the search function with a couple of key words from the old post.  Its not perfect and you may need to try a few combinations, but most of the time you can find the old post.

The "Tender Vittles" link in your signature is to http://www.bmwrt.com/ubb/Archives/Archive-000008/HTML/20011105-1-004373.html

As Chrisolson said, the "ubb" folder no longer exists, so  you need to update the signature in your profile.  

Google is pretty good at finding the new location of most old topics, just include "site:bmwsporttouring.com" in the search terms.  Sometimes the results include both old and new links, so you still need to skip anything that includes "ubb" in the URL.

Thanks for the help, it's been a while since I posted, and I was curious to see if my old signature links worked (I'm not surprised that they don't work) ... and the forum software has been updated a few times since my links were created ,,, no worries, I'll come up with new signature .. thanks!

58 minutes ago, ChrisNYC said:

Thanks for the help, it's been a while since I posted, and I was curious to see if my old signature links worked (I'm not surprised that they don't work) ... and the forum software has been updated a few times since my links were created ,,, no worries, I'll come up with new signature .. thanks!

Cool ... thanks for understanding !!