IGNORED

Staintune , how loud?

ldracer

I know this is a bit subjective, but how loud would you say the Staintune exhaust is on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 being stock, and 10 being obnoxious.

+1 on the four. cool.gif Very nice sound and you lose the weight of the cat.

One piece of Staintune advice however, DO NOT remove the baffle...rating automatically goes to max on the obnoxious scale. eek.gif

I also agree with the previous ratings of about 3-4. It does give the scoot a nice growl. When at highway speed, nice to know you have an engine under you. The other nice sound is when you crank it on to pass, seems to come alive with a nice growl. My friends asked me when i'm buying my Harley!!!

I'd say it's a 3. Turns the WHIRRR of the sewing machine motor into a little more of a soft rumble. But I don't think it's really much louder, more a of a TONE difference than a volume one.

However, since I'm sitting ON the bike with the Staintune, I can't exactly be an objective judge. But I DO get asked an awful lot what pipe I've got, and complemented on the sound. It certainly doesn't set off car alarms, or wake the dead, nor will anyone think you rode in on a Hardly.

G.

+1 on the four. cool.gif Very nice sound and you lose the weight of the cat.

One piece of Staintune advice however, DO NOT remove the baffle...rating automatically goes to max on the obnoxious scale. eek.gif

Leave the system stock.....you'll gain very little in performance for the $100s spent.

Buy the wife some flowers..........you'll receive better sounds from her.

Boxers by nature, well, they just don't make very exciting sounds. This is because of mild valve timing, short stroke and small exhaust valves. Save your money and keep your CAT......the environment will appreciate it.

BTW, aftermarket exhausts destroy the quiet but stealthy character of the boxer.........

Archived