IGNORED

Neutral Light

Kitsap

Out of the blue my neutral light won't go out when leaving neutral. In all gears it remains green. This is the same switch that was just replaced not long ago. I know its probably a deffective switch but please tell me it could be something else. crazy.gif

It's the switch.

You can unplug it until you get it fixed, connector is near fuse box on left side.

OR you can take light bulb out, however the bike will always think it's in neutral and might start at an inapropriate time.

Out of the blue my neutral light won't go out when leaving neutral. In all gears it remains green. This is the same switch that was just replaced not long ago. I know its probably a deffective switch but please tell me it could be something else. crazy.gif

Wade,

That switch just provides a ground to light the neutral lamp.

You 'might' just have a pinched wire before or after the connector. Unplug the connector and see if it still lights the lamp. If so, you have a short to ground BEFORE the connector.

If the lamp is out with the connector unplugged, it's either a dead switch or one of the wires is shorted to ground AFTER the connector. Good luck. smile.gif

Mick

Archived