IGNORED

New '09 K1300GT Owner

rglassma

Hello All,

I have had my wonderful 2005 R1200RT for going on 12 years.  Since i bought it, it has racked up 84,000 miles on the clock.  Since my K1200R Sport is now sitting at Motorado in Denver for sale at a great price, I have pulled the trigger on a 2009 K1300GT with 34,000 miles on the clock that is sitting in a BMW car showroom in St. Louis for an extremely attractive (get this thing out of here because we are car dealers) price.  I simply couldn't pass it up.  I did my homework with the VIN and  checked the majority of the dealers that were listed in BMW's system.  Most of the work was done at Gateway and it looks like all is well.

I have loved my RT for many years, and can't bring myself to part with it now.  I am sure that at some point, it will be moving down the road.  But, I am looking forward to getting this new to me machine this week (after the snow finishes).

Since all the recalls are done, and the firmware is basically up to date, it would be nice to know about the following add-ons that will make the bike more mine.  Perhaps some seasoned owners of this bike can help me with which versions of  the following add-on are the best and most economical to get and any information that you would find pertinent:

Bar Risers

Frame sliders (or engine guards - which ever works best)  - First priority

bag protection - First Priority

Highway Pegs

Peg Lowering 

I have the majority of these items on my RT.  So, it seems reasonable that I may need some or all.  Also,  two more long shot questions:

1)  The color of this GT is candy apple red.  Can someone tell me if the color is similar to the '05-'06 Piedmont Red on the RT?  This may sound silly, but I was thinking about starting out by installing my RT side cases that have war scars on the GT until I get use to it, just in case the bike has a tip over.  The GT cases are spotless.  

2)  Any owners of the GT that have installed iridium spark plugs?  If so, do you know the part number for the K1300?

Any additional advise would be helpful.

thanks

3 hours ago, KBMWGT said:

Hey I've read this before....hehehe on the other site:18:

Yes you have.  I posted it here first.  But, received no reply.  So, I posted it on k-bikes also.

• 2 months later...

I have a 2010 R1200RT  , I've been looking at the K1300gt as a replacement  .

The RT is a great bike , but geez I miss the sheer grunt of a big inline 4