IGNORED

End of season ride...

RPondaRoad

As I sat beside the three other motorcyclists from Reno at the Bridgetender Grill in Tahoe City yesterday we talked about why we were riding up at the lake.  We all agreed that we were there because the weather in the high country would change from the 70 degrees we were enjoying on this Friday afternoon down into the high 30's on Sunday.  And, while weather is unpredictable, that certainly signals that the overnight lows will drop too.  In fact, the forecast for next week has morning temps as low as 9 degrees at the lake.  Crossing the high passes to get to the lake would be colder and with highs predicted to be in the 40's it means that we probably lucked out to find this nice day.  So, with November only a few days away, this means that my high mountain riding is drawing to a close for 2019.  I'm fortunate that I live in year 'round riding weather in the foothills of the Central Valley of California and can ride the coast and coastal mountains during the winter.  

Earlier, I had gone through Truckee and into Kings Beach on Hwy. 267.  I made the left and entered Nevada at Incline Village, but continued along the east shore of the lake to one of my favorite view points at Sand Harbor.  I took my time enjoying the expansive view of the lake and the Sierra Nevada mountains to my west and then retraced part of my route, but stayed on the lake shore highway, Hwy. 28.  The fall lake views were full of color on this sunny, warmish (mid 60's) morning and I took this parting shot with my cell phone.  

Below: Sand Harbor, Nevada

Sand Harbor.jpg

• Like 3

Its beautiful up there.  I use to live in east bay and go up there as often as I could. It's interesting to see on this board the amount of riders that are at the end of the season while those of us in Texas are coming in to the best part of ours....IMHO.  My mileage from June to September is not much.  From October until May I ride a lot.  It's 62 here today and tomorrow will be 82.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1