IGNORED

Chuckwagon reservations for 2020 events

Please be advised...

This letter is a courtesy request for all participants to secure their upcoming reservations for May 14-17, 2020 and September 24-27, 2020 before the end of October 2019 to guarantee a room for anyone that wants to attend.

I can not hold any unsecured rooms for either dates at Austins Chuck Wagon for the 2020 season after the closing date of November 2, 2019

Booked both dates when we were there for Fall Torrey 2019 a few weeks ago.  Locked in and ready.  Now let's get through winter quickly and get back on the road!

13 hours ago, beemerboy said:

I was told that I can stay there but not if I have the Ducati with me.

Of course! It is a BMW event after all!

Double checked with Michelle.  I'm still booked for both Torrey's.  Got worried since I didn't receive the usual email confirmation she sends out.  Looks like my Spam folder ate it because she did send them out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2019 at 1:48 PM, beemerboy said:

I was told that I can stay there but not if I have the Ducati with me.

That's not correct.  The Chuckwagon General Store now has chairs and tables out front so you can be comfortable while you wait for the tow truck.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, EffBee said:

That's not correct.  The Chuckwagon General Store now has chairs and tables out front so you can be comfortable while you wait for the tow truck.

You and Eddd.....two peas in a pod.

21 minutes ago, beemerboy said:

You and Eddd.....two peas in a pod.

Randy, you are totally missing the most important bit of information...

Ask Fernando why he came in a car sans his RT. :lurk:

54 minutes ago, eddd said:

Randy, you are totally missing the most important bit of information...

Ask Fernando why he came in a car sans his RT. :lurk:

Hmmm.....lemme see here.....I seem to recall FB telling me his poorly maintained RT crapped out on him whilst riding around the great metropolis of Montrose, CO. It took him a while - AS WELL AS THE COUNSEL OF MANY OF HIS TECHNICALLY SUPERIOR FRIENDS - to figure out the problem and acquire the necessary parts. At Torrey, FB confided in me that despite the technical help of his friends and with parts in hand, he had so little confidence in his mechanical skills that he decided to leave his RT home rather than risk crapping out on the ride from Montrose to Torrey. Another factor in his decision was not wanting to risk losing his manliness in front of his honey thus potentially altering her opinion and/or having her laugh/scoff or generally poke fun at him......something many of us here enjoy doing, especially you, EDDD. :whistle:

There, does that just about cover it??  :stir:

1 hour ago, beemerboy said:

There, does that just about cover it??  :stir:

You have done an admirable job of explaining why you were able to enjoy the MOTORCYCLE riding opportunities on your shiny black Ducati while Fernando's Christmas Green RT remained in Montrose in the garage. :thumbsup:

Yup, although not an entirely accurate account of the timing of a broken fuel pump wire just days before Torrey, it pretty much sums up why we didn't take our 20-year old RT to Fall Torrey as we had at Spring Torrey and pretty much every Torrey in the past few years. So, we decided to make this a photographic tour, by car.  We took highways and roads.  We went off-road.  We navigated trails where the Subaru's 4WD was urgently needed and performed as advertised.  We went places where short of a true dirt bike, two wheels might not make it, and certainly not many things Eye-talyan.  And we came away with picturesque memories of a dozen places most of us have never seen before.  Stunning.  Brilliant.  A natural magnificence that left us spellbound.

After 30-some Torrey adventures over the past two decades, it was time to go beyond the usual, and this gave us that opportunity.  I relayed the broken wire situation to Beemerboy as we helped him unload his Ducati from his trailer, apparently unsure himself of his own bike's ability, which was touted to be "excellent condition," to make the 513-mile trip from his home under its own power.  Understandable as those spartan sport seats are rather uncomfortable when waiting for AAA.  Still, I'm sure he had a good time on his motorcycle and I'm glad for him.  But wherever he went, I've BTDT at least 20x.  For us, this time was a whole new Torrey.  A magic that will stay with us forever.  In a couple of years, we'll do it again, simply because there are even more places to traverse and grandeur to see.  And it was worth every picayune dart he can fire from 500 miles of a legally-restricted 55mph. :dance:

FB, I know that in your heart you secretly lust after my Ducati. Heck, I even saw you rubbing up against it late one night. That's okay, I won't tell your Christmas Green RT. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
21 hours ago, beemerboy said:

FB, I know that in your heart you secretly lust after my Ducati. Heck, I even saw you rubbing up against it late one night. That's okay, I won't tell your Christmas Green RT. :classic_rolleyes:

You really shouldn't pick on the old man, you young whippersnapper.  Like Fernando mentioned, he's been coming here for a very very long time.  I believe his first trip was when he was a party in the Fremont  Expeditions.

https://www.legendsofamerica.com/fremont-expeditions/

John-C.-Fremont-Ehrgott-Forbriger-and-Co-500.jpg