IGNORED

Murder in the Bayou

Rougarou

Did anyone watch that on Showtime?

When I graduated high school, I left seven days later and never looked back to live in that town or state again, have only gone back to visit family. 

Even though I'm proud of my Cajun heritage, it's the way things operate in that area that keeps me away.......and since the passing of my mom a few years ago, it's likely that I won't ever go back.

I remember growing up in Jennings in the 70's/early 80's and hearing how law enforcement would treat people, one story tells of a LEO that put a pistol in the mouth of a suspect to get him to confess. 

Anyway, something is happening/happened in that area and somebody knows something.  I find it odd that a task force was created that included outsiders couldn't get to the bottom of these killings.   I know each and every location that these bodies were found, have traveled those roads via foot, bicycle and car......I never would have thought that an event like this would have happened in a town of 10-12k people.

John Ranalletta

Did not watch, but have a question.  I've read a few of James Lee Burke's, Dave Robicheaux novels.  The setting for those novels is New Iberia, LA.  The descriptions of the beauty and ecological devastation are striking but I don't know if the author is describing reality or just making it up.

In The Glass Rainbow, Robixheaus is challenged to determine why and who killed seven young women in neighboring Jefferson Davis Parish who have been brutally murdered. 

Are you familiar with Burke's novels and his knowledge of sothern LA?

10 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

Did not watch, but have a question.  I've read a few of James Lee Burke's, Dave Robicheaux novels.  The setting for those novels is New Iberia, LA.  The descriptions of the beauty and ecological devastation are striking but I don't know if the author is describing reality or just making it up.

In The Glass Rainbow, Robixheaus is challenged to determine why and who killed seven young women in neighboring Jefferson Davis Parish who have been brutally murdered. 

Are you familiar with Burke's novels and his knowledge of sothern LA?

I'm not familiar with the novels, but the area is gorgeous, it's not called a sportsman's paradise for no reason.  Going out to the swamps in the morning, the mist coming off the water, the spanish moss hanging from the cypress trees with the sun shining through, the lone egret hanging out, ya, it's beautiful scenery.   New Iberia is a short drive from Jennings, and just south of Lafayette (pronounced Laugh-fee-et)(the Cajun capitol).