IGNORED

Valve cover color?

BeemerBerg

My ‘16 RTW was ‘overcome by gravity’ the other day. Anyone know the Duplicolor (or other brand) number of the engine/valve cover paint?

Corazon de Pollo

Try looking up "963 Granite Grey Metallic Matt": it was the one used on 2016 R1200GS engines and wheels.

I am not 100% sure it's a perfect match for an RT but it may be worth checking out.

Another option is this ...

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rg-racing-carbon-fiber-head-cover-bmw-r1200gs-gsa-r1200r-rs-rt?gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIiJu8pLWX5QIVkIjICh0RSgDFEAQYASABEgJA_PD_BwErg_racing_engine_case_slider_lhs_only_bm

Edit...

If this idea interests you, make sure you do a dry fit before applying the silicone glue. The right side fit perfectly on mine, the left not so much. The cut along the plug cap was off.

At the dealership I worked at , we used the Wurth products for many things.

They make a BMW wheel paint that is very nice to use .

it appears to be the timeless color used over the years. 

The brand above suggests Wurth clear but here is the Wurth paint and clear. 

https://www.autogeek.net/wurth-1z-combo.html

A very very close match we found was Krylon Dull Aluminun . Lots of metal and you can use Krylon clear if you want to gloss it up. 

Test on something to be sure but on the early stuff, 1100-1150, it was mighty good .

not touch up, doing the whole rocker cover .

Check it out, ymmv 

Dupli-Color Engine Enamel with Ceramic spray paint DE1615.  The color is aluminum and I purchased it at the local NAPA store also available from Amazon.  It withstands heat up to 500F and is specifically used for engine blocks and is a perfect match.  I used some flat files and wet/dry sand paper to completely remove all scratches.  Duplicolor also has a high temperature clear coat that can be applied over the aluminum paint which I didn't bother with just two coats of the aluminum color paint and it looks perfect.  Then I invested in some case guards from National Motorcycle Parts which obviously I should have done sooner.  I am assuming your valve covers are the same color as on my much older R1100.

When I dropped it I also damaged the left turn signal which I was able to replace with new parts from Bob's BMW.  Lucky no damage to the body work.  Really nice to be able to buy new OEM parts for a 26 year old bike.  Try doing that with a big 4 motorcycle.  Easy to forget how well BMW supports their older products in comparison to other manufacturers.

Good suggestions above, but it is easy also easy to find a close match at the auto parts store.  I fixed a few valve covers and found that you really can't tell the slight difference.  Since you are not trying to match a continual part/panel, light angles and shadows make an exact match unnecessary.