IGNORED

SPOT Tracker

hopz

Note: this is not advertising, it is information...

I was looking for something in my garage yesterday and ran across my SPOT tracker. I had forgotten it was there. It is a locator device that allows people find you on a road trip- or just when you are away from home. SPOT offers the ability for other to know where you are- anywhere in the country- and this is displayed on a map from their website.

This has to be an early model but it worked fine for me when I used it. I do not know what is is worth nor if the battery is good yet. I have a mount bracket and an arm that used to go to one of the bolts on the '05 RT I had. I may have paperwork on it somewhere but have not had a chance to look yet. 

Anyone interested please drop me a PM. I am not trying to make a buck here- just cover the shipping and maybe something a bit more.

I just opened the SPOT Tracker for inspection and the batteries are still perfect- and the meter shows they are still with full charge- Love Lithium batteries... fYI.

should have hidden somewhere on your bike when you sold it...Then call the person and say hey what are you doing in XCity.  How did you know where I was....the bike and I were like 1.

RandyShields

Timely post.  The scientists who developed the lithium-ion battery just won the Nobel prize.  Next step -- batteries that never wear out.

And one of them is from my alma mater  - John B. Goodenough, professor in the Cockrell School of Engineering at The University of Texas at Austin

I can tell you that the SPOT process works. In 2016 I was involved in a tragic situation in death Valley with no cell service and spot get help the situation and contacted my wife.  Fortunately the SOS was not for me.

I am sold on the value of SPOT

• 2 weeks later...