IGNORED

Sage advice from Bondurant

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

As a casual rider, I find my skills go from 7.5 to 2.5 between FART, START and UN.  Riding at FART, there were episodes when I was in the groove and others when, whether due to fatigue or distraction, I wasn't.

Coming over to Suchess from 19 was an example.  My mind wandered and its was later in a day of many miles.  I simply had to slow down to stay safe, causing the lead rider to slow after he lost sight of me.

This portion of a savagegeese video is great advice for any rider.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Recently I have found my mind wandering while on long trips. I stopped listening to music and concentrating on the GPS as much. As I have gotten older I know my reflexes have slowed and I need to make up for it in mental awareness. Getting old is not for wussies. 

• Like 1

That's their facility in Phoenix.  As close to home as it is, unfortunately available income and desire to take the class never  came together at the same time.:(  It is a great program, run very professionally with top notch equipment. 

They've had to close operations temporarily and are rescheduling existing classes due to COVID -19 , hopefully they'll survive.

Bill_Walker

I've been fortunate enough to have done four different track schools, two in cars (Skip Barber and Bondurant) and two on bikes (Spencer and Cal Superbike), and while the curriculum varied, monitoring your vision and your fatigue level was stressed in all of them.  You've got to stay ahead of the vehicle and not target fixate.

California Superbike School, in particular, has a number of drills in their first two levels that work on developing your visual skills.  I highly recommend it.  Not cheap, but it's the single biggest performance improvement you can make to your bike.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...