IGNORED

Fuse # 3 Wiring

pgm

What is all wired into Fuse # 3?

Clymers shows it goes to the LCD display (Red/White wire).

I know it also powers the dual DIN ports (I blew the fuse measuring).

Thanks.

Also - look at the attache picture... is it expected that the clear windows disappear (missing) after 10+ years? 

Fuse 10 & others seem to be missing the clear windows.

I put an OEM fuse side-by-side.

Fuses20191008.jpg

49 minutes ago, pgm said:

What is all wired into Fuse # 3?

Clymers shows it goes to the LCD display (Red/White wire).

I know it also powers the dual DIN ports (I blew the fuse measuring).

Thanks.

Also - look at the attache picture... is it expected that the clear windows disappear (missing) after 10+ years? 

Fuse 10 & others seem to be missing the clear windows.

I put an OEM fuse side-by-side.

Evening Pgm

Fuses look normal as there were a number of different versions.

I looked  on the fuse #3 usage,  in my BMW wiring schematic  I basically need to look at each accessory then see what it's feed fuse is. 

What I found is__   radio, power windshield, clock, accessory outlets  but I might have a missed something.

22 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

What I found is__   radio, power windshield, clock, accessory outlets 

Clymer's shows #8 Fuse for a radio (no radio installed on mine)

They don't show power windshield.

I probably will pull fuses and see what accessories no longer works, assuming the engine will run with a fuse pulled.

You don't say what bike you've got (and its not in your profile) but here's the diagram for the fuses and relays in the R1100. I'm sure you can find one for the R1150, R1200 and K bikes as well. Google "BMW <bike model number> fuse panel" and click on images. 

Best

Miguel

R1100-Fusebox.jpg

12 hours ago, pgm said:

Clymer's shows #8 Fuse for a radio (no radio installed on mine)

They don't show power windshield.

I probably will pull fuses and see what accessories no longer works, assuming the engine will run with a fuse pulled.

Morning Pgm

Radio has 2 power inputs, one full time 12v (for radio keep alive) that is on fuse #3  & ignition-on power that is  (fuse #8).

You need a better wire schematic.

10 hours ago, Miguel! said:

Google "BMW <bike model number> fuse panel"

So the funny thing, Google search in my browser pointed me to a great set of diagrams on THIS forum from 2012. 

Using this forum's search function did NOT find them for me. 

@dirtrider  Yep, agreed: 

Slight digression - this site's search has evolved over the years and the general consensus seems to be that the current version is much better. Years ago I stopped using the search here and primarily use google to search. You can limit it to this site by starting your query with:

"site:www.bmwsporttouring.com" and then continuing with whatever words you want to search.

"site:www.bmwsporttouring.com r1150rt wiring diagram" for instance, produces this as the first hit:

and then a whole bunch of other links, and images are available via the image search tab too, just like regular google results.

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, pgm said:

So the funny thing, Google search in my browser pointed me to a great set of diagrams on THIS forum from 2012. 

Using this forum's search function did NOT find them for me. 

Afternoon Pgm 

A while back this web site was updated with a host change so there are a lot of broken links with the search function not working correctly on older subjects. Search seems to work OK on anything posted since the update.