IGNORED

Auto wind screen function not working '19 R 1250 RT

wbw6cos

On my '19 R 1250 RT, the wind screen automatically moves to the last position before the ignition was turned off.  When I turn off the ignition, the screen will move to the lowest setting.  Once the bike is running and I start moving, the windscreen is supposed to return to the position it was set at previously,   

Today,  I had the bike at the dealer for the 6k oil change, and now the wind screen does not move up/down automatically anymore.  By the time I realized what was going on with it, the dealer was closed.  I plan to call them on Tuesday to see if this can be rectified, but I thought i would post it here to see if anyone else had this happen.  I am guessing the computer hook up to BMW may have disabled the feature due to some sort of software update, or something.

The screen can be manualy raised/lowered with the use of the button.  Just not automatically.

Thanks in advance,

Same happened to my R1200RT LC 2014 model.

During the service, they run software updates or other service functions. Your windscreen has lost it's endpoints and it just requires cycling through a couple of time, so that the software knows it's minimum/maximum positions. If you have a GS911, you can do this yourself, otherwise just take it back to the dealer and it will require 5 minutes to fix by plugging in their computer and do the same.

• Like 1

Got it, thanks Alfred02.  I figured it was computer related.   My GS-911 is only modern enough to be used on my R 1200 C, so I guess I will be looking into an upgrade as per email trade-in offer.  :5146:

yep, I had to do the same. Except at the time, the trade in wasn't offered yet, so I still have my old one that I used on my previous bikes..oilhead/hexhead.

By the way. On my 2014 model, the service light was on for a long time and the cruise control stopped working. I purchased the new GS911 to find out why. Resetting the service light fixed the cruise control.

• Haha 1

UPDATE:

After a few days of riding back and forth to work, i am happy to report that the windscreen now raises/lowers on its own now.   Sort of like the check engine light on car getting cleared, it takes a few miles for it to get run out the memory.  This applied to emissions testing on an older vehicle I used to own. 

Each time I started out riding, i would raise it manually and lower it once I cut the power off (anal, I know, but I cannot stand it being all the way up when I am not using it.)  It started to lower itself automatically and then next morning, it started the auto cycle mode going up.  

Cheers,