IGNORED

Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START) April 22-26 Newport, TN

Indy Dave

UPDATE (MAY 1, 2020): START is officially CANCELED.

Reminder: This post will be updated with the most current information (group meal announcement, route posting, etc) as it becomes available.

300014060_2020STARTinfofinalrevA.jpg.4e6bb35a20be38d78351306a11110694.jpg

As of Mar 10th:

2111709783_2020startattendingMar10pg1.jpg.efc4b1b140e06b3d3f7cdc208f6c4a00.jpg

1365624337_2020startattendingMar10pg2.jpg.1d7d658f014603085fe7f7c12ac3e0e4.jpg

21731454_2020startattendingMar10pg3.jpg.fa16e202468ca8393cf27f16ee9a3cff.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Dang, I got 15ac in Newport.....might be a reason to check on the property........if nothing gets in the way.

1. image.png.f3f12921a2ba221b2c8b8c317ebf5a7b.png
  • Like 1
On 10/3/2019 at 5:09 PM, Living the Dream said:

Dang, I got 15ac in Newport.....might be a reason to check on the property........if nothing gets in the way.

1. image.png.f3f12921a2ba221b2c8b8c317ebf5a7b.png

@Living the Dream Looks like a lot of nice roads around your property.   Perhaps you might be interested in having some of the GS riders explore off road riding opportunities on your property.:5147: 

4 hours ago, Endobobdds said:

@Living the Dream Looks like a lot of nice roads around your property.   Perhaps you might be interested in having some of the GS riders explore off road riding opportunities on your property.:5147: 

Give it a go, there is/was a trail to the top, but, but, but, the entry is at the adjacent property.  We've actually tried contacting the owner to purchase that plot, but no joy. 

On 10/6/2019 at 10:38 AM, Kinsley said:

Our FART was not the same without you

While Ellijay was still a real cheek-flapper, it was missing a bit of the Fishy-Cajun Spice (and Newfoundland Screetch :16:  ) your presence normally invokes. :ohboy:You, Marty, Tim and others were certainly missed this Fall, but we look forward to celebrating riding, being together and Marty's birthday in Newport!

1702493636_2020startattendingOct8.jpg.9d300b0b050650661e451747d10b3d3e.jpg

• Like 4
14 hours ago, Bud said:

What ever gave you that idea??????

It's a   well worn   OVERGROWN  path   . . . :wave:

you must get lost every year

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, scout6 said:

Susan and Rob Stevens are in, and have a room Wednesday through Sunday.  Yup, the charming spouse will be joining us! 

Her I have got to meet! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, RandyShields said:

Her I have got to meet! 

And conversely, I know Susan (she sold me my Camhead) and am looking forward to meeting Rob - great to have you both joining us! :clap:

Hello all,

New to the site and saw the Appalachian Ride.  Sounds like fun.  Hope my schedule can permit me at least a couple of days, if not the whole time.  

(Brad)

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Putz811 said:

Hello all,

New to the site and saw the Appalachian Ride.  Sounds like fun.  Hope my schedule can permit me at least a couple of days, if not the whole time.  

(Brad)

Welcome!  hope you can make it to START, it is always a good time.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Putz811 said:

Hello all,

(Brad)

Hi Brad - and WELCOME! We'd love to have you join us, here's some basic info about S.T.A.R.T. & F.A.R.T.

These events tend to be loosely structured, allowing riders to make their own way, on their own schedule. There are a few 'constants', however.

1) At the end of the day, the hotel parking lot becomes a social gathering with riders sharing their version of the day's ride and other stories, often while sampling adult beverages. There is a enthusiastic Bourbon contingent and allegedly we have some home distillers in our midst. One provides their own refreshments - but plenty of sharing takes place.. ;)

2) Our newest tradition is Endobob's Pizza Extravaganza on Thursday night. This happens at the hotel and compliments item 1 above. The cost is whatever the pizza itself costs. :lick:

3) Friday night we have a group meal together - this is either at a restaurant within walking distance of the host hotel or we have a catered meal. Details for the meal are announced about a month before the event. :eat:

4) There's no event fee or charges, other than for the pizza/meal referred to above.

5) Keep an eye on this thread, as the event gets closer, additional announcements will be posted in the thread AND anything important will also be added to the first post in the thread. I'll update the 'attending list' regularly always on the first post, and randomly in the thread itself as well.

You are more than welcome to join us - we'd love to have you! Feel free to join us on whatever day works into your schedule.

It's worth noting that we do not organize any 'group' rides! Kinsley will provide several GPS routes of differing lengths that start at the hotel and include a lunch stop and return options of differing distances. Some riders ride alone, some in very small groups and some in small groups. Finding a group to ride with is easily done - generally during the parking lot social the night before or early the next morning. Some leave at the crack of dawn, most leave at more normal hours and still others need their beauty sleep - so there's something for everyone. These routes are famously outstanding! They will be released about a month before the event.

Others may chime in with some more insight or to add on something I've left out.

Please let us know if you have any questions  - we all will look forward to meeting you in Newport!

• Like 5

Mike & DyAnne, Phil, John, Dan & Michelle, Rob & Susan, Randy and randy - Woo Hoo! Great to have you all with us in Newport!

As of Oct. 18th:

653513961_2020startattendingOct18pg1.jpg.fc4757014807a0d373f9e2b6151c1b85.jpg

1471407184_2020startattendingOct18pg2.jpg.1ae57640e385188bd4fc20ad3404bf7a.jpg

Edited by Indy Dave
updated slide Oct. 18th
  • Like 2
16 hours ago, ltljohn said:

Schedule is clear, SWMBO approved the trip.  IN!

Arriving Wednesday  see you all then!

Mapped out the route, 613 miles  536 of that is I-81 ugh!  I will have to figure out an alternate route.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, ltljohn said:

Mapped out the route, 613 miles  536 of that is I-81 ugh!  I will have to figure out an alternate route.

Let me know if you need help routing...I can get you there in 3 days...no interstate:3:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
53 minutes ago, Kinsley said:

Let me know if you need help routing...I can get you there in 3 days...no interstate:3:

That's what I like about this place people are always ready to help you out!!!!

• Like 3
4 hours ago, ltljohn said:

That's what I like about this place people are always ready to help you out!!!!

Anytime...if you've got the time we've got the routes.

ChrisK always says I should do a 50 CC Iron Butt, but my version is 50 days not 50 hours :dopeslap:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

In, but not sure where we'll be living then...in for full pull.

John/Ruth

So glad you and Ruth are going to join us again - despite the uncertainty! We don't care where ya come from, just as long as you come! :clap:  Besides, we'll be ready for another chapter of John and Ruth's Trailer Tales from the Road. :whistle:

7 hours ago, ltljohn said:

6 hours ago, Kinsley said:

Thanks for clarifying, John. And good luck with the Kinsley's Long Way 'Round Route! :lurk:

• Like 1
On 10/21/2019 at 9:38 PM, Rockosmith said:

In Wed thru Sun.

Perfect, Dave!! :clap:   It'll be great to have you with us again. I'm traveling this week and will get you added to the list of esteemed attendees when I return.

On 10/12/2019 at 7:57 AM, Indy Dave said:

It's a   well worn   OVERGROWN  path   . . . :wave:

you must get lost every year

Well, it appears that I have a hall pass for that week and MAY attend. No promises. Subject to change as always.

• Like 2