IGNORED

Do I have ABS?

Ladioviro

Is that a dumb question? Probably. I have a 98 R1100R and I don’t know if it has ABS or not. There’s no wires from the calipers and there’s just a battery under the tank, is it hidden? Or can I go ahead and try change the brake fluid?

36 minutes ago, Ladioviro said:

Is that a dumb question? Probably. I have a 98 R1100R and I don’t know if it has ABS or not. There’s no wires from the calipers and there’s just a battery under the tank, is it hidden? Or can I go ahead and try change the brake fluid?

Evening Ladioviro   

You should have it BUT given it's age & possible many owners it might have been removed. I have heard of 1100R bikes with no factory ABS but have never confirmed any entered the U.S. (is your motorcycle a  U.S. bike?) 

If you have ABS then you won't have any wires running to the 'calipers' but if it has active ABS then it should have  front & rear wheel speed sensors. The wheel speed sensors should have wires running to them.

It should also have a front tone ring in plain view

The ABS controller is under the rear of fuel tank (do you have brake lines running to under the fuel tank?). Just follow the brake lines  to see where they lead to.

Do you have any ABS lights or flashing brakes lights on the gauge cluster?

1100R  ABS.JPG

• Like 1