IGNORED

Clearwater Darla Dimmable LED Light Kit Review - Moto Mouth Moshe Episode #12

moshe_levy

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_19b22.thumb.jpg.794b59657149632f603cf7c838a145b6.jpgI have a pair of Darlas mounted on my RT's Ilium crash bars, and couldn't be happier with them. Adding 4,000 lumens of lighting power makes an immense difference at night, and they also add...I think...quite a bit of conspicuity.

To elaborate a bit on Moshe's review, if you choose to use the CANopener to integrate the lights into your BMW's electrical system, you can choose different levels of light for daytime running, nighttime low beams, and high beams. Since the light is so intense, I find that 10% is good for daytime use, 30% for low beam, and 100% for high beam. They are an excellent addition, albeit a bit on the pricey side.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
RandyShields

I have joined the twin Clearwater club like Moshe's and Bernie's RTs.  I pulled a set of Erica's off of a K1600GT when I sold it last summer and finally got around a couple of weeks ago to mounting them under the beak of my GS.  Had to add their stabilizer bar and use the Erica harness.  Moved the Darlas down to the lower forks. Took the yellow covers off the Darlas and put on the clear covers.  Added the yellow covers to the Ericas.  Wow, what unbelievable lighting!  Even with the lights on their lowest settings, they are very conspicuous.  I love to see them reflecting in the rear of dark colored vehicles I stop behind; and when they reflect in a store's glass, it is quite noticeable.  When I flick on the high beams to light them up to their highest setting, they absolutely light up road from dusk on.  During the day, I've even noticed some cars way out front pulling over from the passing lane into the right lane as I approach them.  That's nice!

Susan and I are both believers.  We have Clearwater Lights on our bikes.  Great products, wonderful service, nice people.

• Like 1