moshe_levy

Bill Mayer Saddles Review - Moto Mouth Moshe Episode #13

moshe_levy

Red

My experience is different.  I bought my BMS saddle at the Des Moines rally for a 2018 RTW.  I had hoped to buy a new Corbin seat like the one on my old 96RT which was absolutely amazing.  However, Corbin failed to show at the rally. 

The man himself attended me at the rally.  No measurements.  No custom this or that.  Simply what bike do you have, yes we have a saddle for that right here for you.  I really don't consider that a custom fit.   After 12,000 miles, I am not a happy camper.  It is marginally better than the stock seat.  While I cannot recommend BMS over other custom saddles, it is marginally better than stock.  The question you must ask is it worth the cost?

To be fair, I bought my 'custom' Corbin the same way.  At a rally, here is a seat for that model, wham bam thank you mam, sold.  It was a fantastic saddle.

moshe_levy

That's very weird. The video I took for my vid was from the 2016 BMW MOA National Rally, and as you can see they're trimming the seat to fit. I personally watched them fit several people individually. There was nothing there "off the rack." They didn't even have pans, actually. You had to give them your own seat to build from your OEM pan up.

I've had BMSs on my last two RTs and each time, I had to measure umpteen different angles and trace my ass on the seat before sending it in. 

-MKL

• Like 1

Trobinson

I've never tried a BMS seat, but did have the opportunity to test a Corbin seat and agree with Red that it was fantastically comfortable.  At the time I had a 140 mile commute, now way, and my butt wouldn't definitely get sore after about 45 minutes.  The one ride with the Corbin and my butt never got tired.  My only complaint, and why I ultimately didn't buy it, was it was a bit too wide and didn't really allow for gripping the tank.  Felt too much like a Goldwing.  In hindsight I probably should've gotten it as it would've made the commute so much more bearable.  Anyway, everybody's butt is different and mine prefers a saddle that is very firm rather than lets you essentially sit on the plastic tub.  Agree with Moshe here on the torture device called the stock seat!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.