IGNORED

Any dealers or very knowledgable traders?

red102

I have found a 2001 R1100RT with 20,000 miles at a local dealer. Am wanting to trade my 2002 Roadstar Warrior with 9400 miles, in excellent condition. According to the Kelly Blue Book they are fairly close in value. My dealer wants approx $1800 between them. I have ridden the RT & it has either a slight miss or surge at lower RPM's. It didn't have the 18000 mile tune up so I'll have to have that done. Do you all feel the $1800 I would have to ante up a fair price? Any comments/input will be appreciated.

Paul Mihalka

First of all, welcome to this happy place. You might not know me, but I'm the BMW guy at a multi-line BMW dealer. If the bikes have about the same value, I think it is a very fair deal. Remember, the dealer has to sell you the bike at retail, but buy yours at wholesale. That's the way he stays in business.

skinny_tom (aka boney)

I don't know about the prices. The "miss" or "surge" may fall under the TADT (they all do that) category but you (or the dealer) should be able to tune it out of the engine with a service. Besides, after you've been riding the bike a while you'll probably never be in those lower RPM's anyway.

Get the service included in the price of the trade-in.

I have found a 2001 R1100RT with 20,000 miles at a local dealer. Am wanting to trade my 2002 Roadstar Warrior with 9400 miles, in excellent condition. According to the Kelly Blue Book they are fairly close in value. My dealer wants approx $1800 between them. I have ridden the RT & it has either a slight miss or surge at lower RPM's. It didn't have the 18000 mile tune up so I'll have to have that done. Do you all feel the $1800 I would have to ante up a fair price? Any comments/input will be appreciated.

Well....I traded for the RT today. A beautiful bike...can't wait to spend lots of miles in the saddle. Rained buckets practically all day, couldn't even ride her home to the new stable, Shucks!! clap.gif

Archived