IGNORED

Ram compatible iPhone Holder

UberXY

Holds the 8plus fine and I've bounced it around a bit.  I don't use the rubberband thingy.  It will tilt on you a bit, so you have to get it adjusted so the tilt will tilt the way you want it seen.

image.thumb.png.926025da95ee7a97dcee5f9bc84b8649.png

I have used the Ram x for 50k+ miles and never have my phone fall out - usually with the rubber retainer but not always. Recently I was gifted a Perfect Squeeze and I like it MUCH better. It feels more secure, it’s made in the USA by a small business run by an. ADV inmate, AND you can use it one handed easily. 

I don’t have a phone as large as yours but I have seen posts on ADV where others have mounted 8+s and other larger phones no problem. 

They have a built in wireless charger now as well but it does not support fast charging for iPhones, so I’m waiting for version 2.0 of the charger to release (it will be able to swap into existing mounts apparently). 

Perfect Squeeze <— link 

If you decide to go with the Perfect Squeeze, PM me as I have a brand new one that I purchased right before I learned of the Quad Mount and I never used it.

2 hours ago, szurszewski said:

I have used the Ram x for 50k+ miles and never have my phone fall out - usually with the rubber retainer but not always. Recently I was gifted a Perfect Squeeze and I like it MUCH better. It feels more secure, it’s made in the USA by a small business run by an. ADV inmate, AND you can use it one handed easily. 

I don’t have a phone as large as yours but I have seen posts on ADV where others have mounted 8+s and other larger phones no problem. 

They have a built in wireless charger now as well but it does not support fast charging for iPhones, so I’m waiting for version 2.0 of the charger to release (it will be able to swap into existing mounts apparently). 

Perfect Squeeze <— link 

Ouch,......I don't need to clamp my phone to the bike for that much:14::14::14:

I've had very good success with this combination (been using it for almost 10000 miles):

RetiCAM Smartphone Tripod Mount: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P4VAHAI

Ram Mount 1-Inch Tough-Ball with 1/4-20 x 0.25 Male Threaded Post: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AHCUNG2

I did add a split lock washer on the knob end of the threaded screw that clamps down on the phone. Rock solid and no worries at all that my phone is going to fall out.

IMG_3487.JPG

IMG_3488.JPG

1 hour ago, Living the Dream said:

Ouch,......I don't need to clamp my phone to the bike for that much:14::14::14:

It’s not cheap, sure, but it’s not crazy expensive and it does work very very well. Unlike the method above with the tripod clamp, there is nothing to adjust or move or anything once you have the perfect squeeze set for your phone - you just put the phone it, or take the phone out - no slides,  no screws, no springs (ram x), no buttons. 

As I said, I was gifted one, but I had been considering a purchase for some time, and I’d be just as happy with mine if I’d spent the $100 on it. 

I mean, how much did you spend on your phone? Mine was a Black Friday sale and it was still $650...

1 minute ago, szurszewski said:

It’s not cheap, sure, but it’s not crazy expensive and it does work very very well. Unlike the method above with the tripod clamp, there is nothing to adjust or move or anything once you have the perfect squeeze set for your phone - you just put the phone it, or take the phone out - no slides,  no screws, no springs (ram x), no buttons. 

As I said, I was gifted one, but I had been considering a purchase for some time, and I’d be just as happy with mine if I’d spent the $100 on it. 

I mean, how much did you spend on your phone? Mine was a Black Friday sale and it was still $650...

Nothing:19:,....it's a company phone:18:, I don't have a personal phone.  Several years ago, I told my company that I was getting rid of my personal phone since it mostly got used for work and if they wanted to get in touch with me after hours, they needed to provide me a phone,....so now I'm on my third apple, likely get a new one next year.  Unlimited everything!!  And it gets used for personal stuff.  The only apps are either motorcycle/travel related or my work app.

I've got the Ram X placed on the bike where I know exactly how to put the phone in the X.  Which means, it leans perfectly in landscape for me.  Once I got it adjusted, it's been no worries and I've had it for two'ish years (previous Iphone I had a different mount), so, ......35k miles or so and it's worked fine.

3 hours ago, RogerC60 said:

I've had very good success with this combination (been using it for almost 10000 miles):

RetiCAM Smartphone Tripod Mount: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00P4VAHAI

Ram Mount 1-Inch Tough-Ball with 1/4-20 x 0.25 Male Threaded Post: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AHCUNG2

I did add a split lock washer on the knob end of the threaded screw that clamps down on the phone. Rock solid and no worries at all that my phone is going to fall out.

I use the similar Ulanzi ST-01. Designed like the RetiCAM (without the case),  but some reviews suggest the metal guide rods are sturdier than the plastic rods of the RetiCAM. :dontknow:

Either way, the split washer is essential to prevent vibrations from loosening the clamp bolt. Tighten it down snug or take the clamp off completely if you are not using it.  Without tension, the bolt will vibrate out - I found mine on top of the tank about twenty miles after I saw it was missing.  :thumbsup:for Tupperware!

7 hours ago, lkraus said:

I use the similar Ulanzi ST-01. Designed like the RetiCAM (without the case),  but some reviews suggest the metal guide rods are sturdier than the plastic rods of the RetiCAM. :dontknow:

Either way, the split washer is essential to prevent vibrations from loosening the clamp bolt. Tighten it down snug or take the clamp off completely if you are not using it.  Without tension, the bolt will vibrate out - I found mine on top of the tank about twenty miles after I saw it was missing.  :thumbsup:for Tupperware!

Thanks, I hadn't known about the Ulanzi. The plastic rods do flex a little but that doesn't seem to affect the ability of the mount to keep the phone snug.

I, too, found out the hard way about the screw loosening if it's not tightened down. One morning I kept my phone in my pocket due to likelihood of rain. While riding I heard a metallic clink sound from the road, looked at my phone clamp to discover half of it was missing. I promptly bought another one and made a mental note about tightening that screw.

I've used the RAM X-Grip (std size) for several years. If you don't use a bumper or case the phone will slide around a bit to much for me. 

I use a bumper .

The rubber retaining teather is very secure . The early models like mine didn't come with it , that's how long I've had it.

i purchased it separately and it's still in my fairing pocket as I haven't needed it. (R1100RT)

I bought the RAM X Grip EZ for my Airhead and am happy with it as I don't ride the Airhead as often. 

I have several of these RAM Quick-Grip holders: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088LL7UA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1  I also have a couple of the X-Grips that I've never trusted enough to use.  The Quick-Grip is rock solid and there's no way it can fall out.  It's a little limited by the size of the case you use, but it works great with my iPhone X and a couple of different cases.