IGNORED

Updated Africa Twin for 2020

TEWKS

I think those are the Euro colors for the Adventure version.  US the standard Africa Twin version gets a matte black, and for the Adventure version its  familiar red, white and blue.  I'm digging that adventure version and the price is right.  Now if only I could reach the ground sitting on one of these!  More info in story here.  https://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/2020-honda-africa-twin-announced/

2020-Africa-Twin-matte-black-metallic-561x374.jpg.377878e39f62c86fe1dbdad48fdcec13.jpg2020-Africa-Twin-Adventure-Sports-2-561x374.jpg.b11b6fd57e86bfabdfad69e492f4cf47.jpg

Edited by BrianT
Added link to info

Only the "Darkness Black Metallic" will get me to visit a Honda dealership. As mentioned 101 times now,  :grin:  I'm not a fan of the gold wheels but they seem to work here.

2020-Africa-Twin-Adventure-Sports-Darkne

On September 24, 2019 at 3:37 PM, BrianT said:

I think those are the Euro colors for the Adventure version.  US the standard Africa Twin version gets a matte black, and for the Adventure version its  familiar red, white and blue.  

I think you're right, no "Darkness Black Metallic" !! :dontknow: 

Who knows if I'd buy one but for me, it'd have to be the dark knight version. :classic_ninja: 

you can get a brand new 2017...yes seventeen at local Honda Dealers here for $9700 advertised....zero miles.  They have more than 1. Black/red with non-gold wheels :)

• Like 1

Attractive pricing for sure on the leftovers. :thumbsup: Guess my renewed interest in the bike has a lot to do with the tubeless rims on the 2020 adventure sports version. I won't leave home without tubeless, and also a bunch of friends with all kinds of tire plug options. :grin:

Silly not to offer both color options here. :ohboy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The write-up on advrider (not exactly a reputable source) said it loses about 10lbs, is a bit narrower, and with the low seat option comes down to 32.5".  I have a 2017 that I bought new in 2017 and thus paid considerably more than $9700 for.  I really like it, but if it'd had cruise I may not have bought the RT. 😒

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
John Bentall

This capacity increase is probably to maintain performance in the face of ever-tightening emissions regulations. 

I have read that the 2020 Yamaha R1 now has 5 catalytic converters which are placed nearer the exhaust valves so that they heat up more quickly. 

On 9/24/2019 at 3:52 PM, TEWKS said:

Only the "Darkness Black Metallic" will get me to visit a Honda dealership. As mentioned 101 times now,  :grin:  I'm not a fan of the gold wheels but they seem to work here.

Yes, the gold rims work,......wished mine had them.

image.thumb.png.8b703761eaff5e6f387c6f4efea1eda0.png

Now I"d bet that's a 2020. You probably already know but the only difference that I'm aware of is the choice of wheel colors on the 20. Interesting with the Kalamata paint but, I'd still go with the black rims if I had the choice. :thumbsup: