IGNORED

Unrally location: Where the hell is Cambria, CA?

graydude

1014_P1120892_s-BixbyBridge7pm.thumb.jpg.ce7bf2210fc148eb12e1008d3003a96e.jpgcambria-pines-lodge-23.thumb.jpg.11cce35e66050dc8fa085ea47e63e940.jpg

Where the hell is Cambria, CA? Well, think of one of your bucket list rides along the iconic California coast where the sound of sea lions is louder than the sitting on an interstate.  Think of a place where the high temp for the day maybe 75 degrees.  In July!  Vision a place so beautiful you may not return to normal life.  Dream of a place with over 200 wineries within an hour of where you are blissfully resting your body with a cold craft beer after a full day of riding some of the tastiest roads on the west coast.  I got you covered.  This place is real and is known as Cambria!  Specifically, we will be enjoying the hospitality of the Cambria Pines Lodge!  http://www.cambriapineslodge.com/photo-gallery

Cambria is located on California Hwy 1.  Yup.  The one where they film all the car commercials.  Cambria lies right smack in the middle of California’s two great cities, 240 miles from both Los Angeles and San Francisco along the scenic Highway 1.

Not to worry if you’ve never been up in this area.  Detailed ride suggestions will be provided both on paper and Garmin!  And you will LOVE riding here!

The lodge has an awesome lounge/bar that we will use as our central meeting area although not exclusively. All lodge guests have access to this lounge/bar.  This is the place you will gather in the mornings to work out ride options.   It will open at 7:00 AM with coffee available and stay open until the wee hours.  Live music every night!

Downtown Cambria is walking distance from the lodge and offers antique shops and many eating options, so you won’t starve.  The lodge has a great onsite restaurant as well.

Here are the details:

·        We have 55 rooms blocked for our event.  This was no small feat as July is the height of their season.  Book early.

·        Traditionally the Unrally starts on Tuesday and ends on Thursday night.  I’ve blocked the rooms starting Monday, July 27th for those that want to come early.  Everyone must leave on Friday July 31st by checkout time.

·        You will be able to start booking rooms in early January.  You will need a code to book your room.  The code will be provided after your registration fee has been received.

o   You must register for the Unrally.  Your cost will be determined by what you add. 

·        Unrallys are typically loosely organized.  The only group event will be a All you can eat Pizza and Salad dinner in the Pizza Grotto on Thursday, the last night.  This is a cool place on the property that we have all to ourselves.  A full, cash bar will be available for us.

How much will this cost? Rooms

Rates are based on double occupancy; each extra person is an extra $15 per person, per night, and includes a hot buffet breakfast each morning.   Translated- if you have four people in a room, two will eat for free and the other two will pay $15 per day.  The room block is good until May 27th.  After that the price shoots up.

Standard/View/Fireplace Standards (2 Queens sleeps 1-4) $152 plus 12% tax

King Fireplace cabin (sleeps 1-2) $152 plus 12% tax

Standard King (sleeps 1-2) $161 plus 12% tax

Superior two queens (sleeps 1-4) $195 plus 12% tax

Two Queen small suite (sleeps 1-4) $195 plus 12% tax

Small Suites (sleeps up to 5)--$195 plus 12% tax

Large suite (sleeps up to 6) $263 plus 12% tax

Deluxe suite (sleeps up to 6) $297 plus 12% tax 

Property Features

Outdoor heated pool and spa

Day spa on site

Live entertainment nightly in our Lounge Bar

Full-service restaurant

Organic kitchen garden

25 acres of pine forest with themed gardens to explore

Hiking path to the downtown village of Cambria

Registration Costs

Basic registration will be $30 per person.  This covers room rental, coffee in the morning etc…  No other costs unless you want to:

·        Pre-order a Unrally Tee-shirt in your size in either short or long sleeves at $20 and $25 respectively.  The design will be unveiled on the registration page in January and it will be epic!

·        Join us for the All you can eat Pizza and Salad party in the Pizza Grotto on the last night.  The cost will be $27 per person and includes tax and tip.  Coffee and iced tea are included.  Cash bar for anything else.

·        Total cost for everything except your room will be $57 per person if you join us for dinner or $77 for s short sleeve tee or $82 for a long sleeve.

You will need to pre-pay for anything you add before a room registration code is forwarded to you.  Your registration fee will go to a secure website so I won’t see your CC info.  Any funds left over, if any, after all the bills are paid will go for the maintenance of our site.  No refunds for the basic registration.  Period.  I must give a final dinner count 7 days before the event.  No one will be added or subtracted after that date so please make sure of your choices.  I had to give my credit card for many things, and I can’t afford to be on the hook if you change your mind.

Stay tuned for updates and am looking forward to seeing everyone there!

unrallymap.jpg

cambria-pines-lodge-room.jpg

fireside-lounge.jpg

bigbarview.jpg

• Like 2
On 9/21/2019 at 8:38 PM, TEWKS said:

Wannabe, IN. :dontknow: :classic_biggrin:

Hmmmm, cross country ride?  I've been a'meaning to join one of these events and even missed out on the ones so close I could walk to.

37 minutes ago, Living the Dream said:

Hmmmm, cross country ride?  I've been a'meaning to join one of these events and even missed out on the ones so close I could walk to.

Now I'd have to dump all of my "good boy" points on just one ride if that were to happen! :grin: Let's keep some positive thoughts on this one, sounds like It'd be a great time! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
27 minutes ago, Foot said:

Wow people bitched about the room prices at Lake George! You better cover your ears on these prices!

Alan

First person who rides nearly 20 large worth of motorcycle wearing another grand in ATGATT who complains about room rates at the UN ....  Oh, never mind.

2 hours ago, Foot said:

Wow people bitched about the room prices at Lake George! You better cover your ears on these prices!

Alan

Why do you think I was for Barstow?  It has more reasonable lodging, and you can park your bike right in front of your room!

img_3056_bw_small.jpg

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Foot said:

Alan

I anticipated some folks will balk at the room prices but I figured go big or go home. This will be a destination trip for many and I wanted it to be worth their while. As far as the rates a) it’s on The California coast. B) it’s high season and the weather will be the best of all year  c) it’s very hard to find a location that’s meets all our criteria D) it’s a resort. I’ll make no apologies to any one who feels prices out. This will be worth giving up a latte or two for the next nine months to be able to attend. Plus, many of the rooms will sleep four so buddy up and save some money!

• Like 7

"This will be worth giving up a latte or two for the next nine months to be able to attend."

That only works for GS riders who pose outside of Starbucks!:3:

• Like 1
7 hours ago, graydude said:

I anticipated some folks will balk at the room prices but I figured go big or go home. This will be a destination trip for many and I wanted it to be worth their while. As far as the rates a) it’s on The California coast. B) it’s high season and the weather will be the best of all year  c) it’s very hard to find a location that’s meets all our criteria D) it’s a resort. I’ll make no apologies to any one who feels prices out. This will be worth giving up a latte or two for the next nine months to be able to attend. Plus, many of the rooms will sleep four so buddy up and save some money!

As a poor pensioner on a fixed income I already forego expensive foo foo coffee beverages.  However, I'm using Todd's suggestion and giving it my own twist.  I figure nine months of savings on my new diet should get me the needed funds...and a nice smooth and glossy head of hair.

GUEST_65fb592a-b34c-4bd5-aaee-93cc1b2c4dd4.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, eddd said:

As a poor pensioner on a fixed income I already forego expensive foo foo coffee beverages.  However, I'm using Todd's suggestion and giving it my own twist.  I figure nine months of savings on my new diet should get me the needed funds...and a nice smooth and glossy head of hair.

Don't worry EDDDDD.  We can't have an event  without you.   I realize the upkeep on four track bikes, two side by sides, trailers, old truck.... have left you kinda thin.  I got your back.  I set up a Go Fund Me page for you.  You are welcome.  https://www.gofundme.com/send-eddddd-to-cambria

• Like 1

All kidding aside  ... Just to set some reality about lodging in California ...

At this year's Temecula Days the rate at the Motel 6 was $150 +   

THAT'S MOTEL 6 FOLKS !!!!!!!  

Cambria Pines at comparable rates is a steal.

• Like 3

Wow ... location looks great but with the MOA Rally In Great Falls MT in June will be tough to do 2 cross country trips in back to back months.  But hey you never know.  

Ed, it's simple.  After the MOA Rally ride to the left coast, leave the bike with one of the members.  Fly home/fly back and ride home after the UN.  

• Like 3

I think Bill's route looks the best...and I haven't ridden those roads since last century. I think it may be time to stop the latte's, and start putting the pennies in the jar. 

Anyone know a reasonable bike rental place near SFO?

10 hours ago, Woodie said:

I think Bill's route looks the best...and I haven't ridden those roads since last century. I think it may be time to stop the latte's, and start putting the pennies in the jar. 

3126 mission st, SF.  I think the train from SFO will take you there.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Woodie said:

Similar thread here: Fly 'n ride for 2020 Un

I just noticed in the last Rider magazine that Motoquest has rentals out of San Francisco as well (cost list at that link).  Located on Treasure Island.  BART to The Embarcadero and then Uber to Treasure Island? 

Thanks to all the organizers for all the work.  Would love to attend but will be in the Algonquin Park area of Ontario enjoying some canoeing, bicycling etc with family. 

Mike C 

• Like 1
On 9/27/2019 at 5:17 PM, Woodie said:

Eagle Rider and Dubbelju are the main SF rental places, although MotoQuest also operates out of Treasure Island.  Note that Eagle Rider has two locations, one that rents BMWs and other bikes and one that rents only Harleys.  I looked into rentals there due to a recent trip to visit my daughter there.

• Like 1

If anyone is coming into Southern California and riding North... Hertz Rides has BMW's... $149 US for both the GS and RT.  Hertz Rides Riverside, CA.  Fly into San Bernardino International Airport... it's only 17 miles from there.  A quick UBER trip.

• Like 1

Used to live in SoCal and rode Coast Hwy 1 to and through Cambria probably 50 times.  I can't say enough about how stunning the area is.  And the ride up Coast Hwy 1 to Monterey to the north and Morro Bay to the south is an absolute MUST.  I'm definitely IN.

• 2 weeks later...

Santa Rosa Creek Rd will be one way to get into Cambria.  It varies from 1-2 lanes. I would expect the hills to be a bit greener in jul than they were here in aug.

IMG_7467web.thumb.jpg.174f3ac10f85ad7c8d8db7bf8f7582d1.jpg

• Like 3

If you are thinking about.... MAKE it Happen! I spent a few days along the central coast about a month ago (mid sept.). Great roads all around. Good food and Wine can easily be found.  I'm thinking that you will not be disappointed.  

• Like 1