IGNORED

autocom pro7 and cb push to talk issue

bmwmotorcyclewarrior

bmwmotorcyclewarrior

Im sure there is an easy answer but Im confused. I have an autocom pro7 and I have a handheld cb the one autocom advises to purchase, cobra I think it is. I hook up the cb into the system and it seems to transmit by vox so I purchased a push to talk.

On the push to talk there is a red female connection. How does this plug into the system. It seems Im missing a part.

Did you purchase an Autocom PTT cable and switch, or one made by Cobra? The Autocom one is a short, 10" cable that goes between the grey-pug lead coming out of the Autocom, and the grey plug on your radio interface lead. From this short lead comes a longer wire on the end of which is the Autocom PTT switch with a red button. This mounts on your left handlebar. If you have anything other than what I described, that's likely your problem.

bmwmotorcyclewarrior

Its the autocom one. There is one wire that has the push to talk, another that has the red female plug, and another wire with a positive and negative wire for power.

I know Autocom stuff very well and based on your description, I'm at a loss as to what wire you have. An Autocom PTT cable and switch doesn't have any positive and negative power input wires. Is there any chance you could take a digital pic and either post it or send it to my e-mail address? I'd really like to take a look at it. Usually I can help people with their Autocom issues, but you've got me stumped.

bmwmotorcyclewarrior

Sorry for the quality but this should help you understand what I mean. The box said autocom part 135 and I bought it at a BMW dealer.

673199-autocom.JPG.a0928a3bdeee47db04892e37d2a8c97a.JPG

Hi guys. Sorry to jump in here. I can't answer your question/s but I'm wondering if you can help me with MY problem? I have an Autocom Kit 3 (Active-7-Smart) system fitted to my RT. The rider to pillion works great, the stereo radio/tape deck link is also great. However I'm having problems with my mobile phone connection. I run a Nokia 3105 CDMA mobile phone. There is no 3105 listed with Autocom. I'm told by them however that the 51F connector will work with that model. Well, it sort of does work. When the module is plugged in to the phone, the phone indicates that it will auto-answer as it does with my hands-free car set up. I've tested the set up against my home phone by having my wife ring me when I'm on the bike. Apparently my phone answers (she can hear the bike and wind noise etc) but I get no indication whatsoever that I'm connected. It doesn't ring, and even with my wife yelling down the land-line phone I hear nothing. We've tested it in the driveway at home as well as on the road. Any clues anybody? Somebody told me the problem could be that Autocom, being a British company, has no idea what a CDMA phone system is. I don't know if it's peculiar to Australia. Is there CDMA anywhere OS?

Best I can figure, your Part 135 requires Part 155 to complete it since it's only one portion of a two-part removable cable system. These are last year's numbers which Autocom has updated to a new 4-number system as their increasing list of options, and the parts to support those options, has grown. The new number for Part 155 is Part 1537. Your local Autocom dealer will be able to get you this part under one of those two numbers.

Just to be sure, I've put in a call to the Western Regional Sales Manager for Autocom, who is also a member of this board. I've asked him to look at this thread and to offer whatever additional advice and guidance may be required. He's on the road today helping customers at a Dealer Open House, but said he'd take a look at it and chime in if any additional info was required.

Good Morning,

My Name is Troy Roper and I am with TopGear (Autocom US distributor). Yes, you have a Part #135 and what you need is a part #155 to plug into the Pro7. The #135 is designed to give you a PTT with a quick disconnect and power. This #135 will work with our ProM1, Pro7 and Active Plus (2006)units. A #155 is also required for each unit to bring a din plug out of the unit to match up with the #135. This will give your Pro7 12v Power with quick disconnect and a Push To Talk switch. So if you have several bikes you can have a #135 on each and take you Pro7 from bike to bike to bike. Thank you for your question.

Archived