IGNORED

Riding and shooting

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

I now ALMOST feel like one of you. This time I carried my gun on the BMW, just like in the Wild West over yonder 🔫😂

Okay, okay, not entirely the same because here we can only TRANSPORT it between home and shooting range.... But to me it means a giant step for mankind not to be unarmed anymore. 

Some pictures of the Beemer and our over 100 year old shooting range. 

As to the GS, still not having much luck, because the throttle problem returned 😔😔😔. Since the last visit to the dealer no problem, but on the way back home today it stalled 4 times. It just loses throttle control and sticks in stationary until I shut off the engine, wait a bit and restart it. Have to go back to the dealer again 🙄🙄

20190915_113901.jpg

20190915_113927.jpg

20190915_113722.jpg

20190915_113557.jpg

20190915_112612.jpg

20190915_111818.jpg

20190914_174647.jpg

• Like 1
On 9/15/2019 at 9:24 AM, Francois_Dumas said:

I now ALMOST feel like one of you. This time I carried my gun on the BMW, just like in the Wild West over yonder 🔫😂

Okay, okay, not entirely the same because here we can only TRANSPORT it between home and shooting range.... But to me it means a giant step for mankind not to be unarmed anymore. 

Some pictures of the Beemer and our over 100 year old shooting range. 

As to the GS, still not having much luck, because the throttle problem returned 😔😔😔. Since the last visit to the dealer no problem, but on the way back home today it stalled 4 times. It just loses throttle control and sticks in stationary until I shut off the engine, wait a bit and restart it. Have to go back to the dealer again 🙄🙄

20190915_112612.jpg

Relax, slow squeeze to the point that the shot should "startle" you.  Looks like you're jerking the trigger a bit as the majority of those rounds are low left.  I'd also throw in "chasing the bull" as I don't see a distinct pattern/group.  A concentration on a clear front sight tip will bring the group together......but the remaining fundamentals have to be practiced as well.

Good stuff.  Nothing like popping rounds at the bad target, keeping the skill set up........I just go in my backyard and plink away.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Francois_Dumas said:

At 60 feet...... 

20190915_113445.jpg

Ya, that looks like you're not utilizing "just" your trigger finger to squeeze the trigger.  This target is more consistent and appears that you are additionally squeezing your second and third fingers.  The grip should be fairly loose and only the trigger finger move. 

But,...but,.....but,.....if that were a "person target" at 20 yards, you are still hitting the torso causing serious hate and discontent to the bad guy.......and that is the intent.

• Like 1

I was hoping to see a video of you shooting while riding your BMW.  

I watched a video of German or Austrian Police Officers practicing off hand shooting (Left Hand) while moving on their bikes. Pretty impressive.

Can't find it now, maybe it was taken down.

Congrats on being able to carry while on your bike.  

I have pistols in the following calibers - .357, .38, 9mm, .380, .25, .22 My favorite pistol is my Sig Sauer P320 Compact 9mm, back up is a Ruger EC9s 9mm.

• Haha 1