IGNORED

Help...where does this bracket attach to?

Mike O

Got off the 03RT today and noticed some sort of speedo cable bracket attachment hanging off the speedo cable.

part2.jpg

Near as I can figure, it must attach under the fairing some place. Here's a close up

part1.jpg

Anybody have an idea where this should be fastened?

Thanks in advance.

Mike O

I think it's supposed to be attached to the inside (not actually "inside" but inside the bike per se) of your glove box, but I'd have to go take a look to be sure.

It bolts on (is the nut for) behind the radio/glove box. The front of the intake snorkel uses the same attachment. From outside to inside the order is Snorkel, Radio/glove box, bracket.

Andy thumbsup.gif

Yeah, you'll have to take off the L/H tupperware to re-attach but more than likely you've lost the bolt that goes with it. bncry.gif

Cheers

Bingo...Thanks everyone. Man, you guys are good. I suspect it's been hanging there since I removed the radio chassis and just now slid down. I probably forgot dopeslap.gif to attach that bracket. Upon closer inspection the bolt is still there clap.gif, and I may be able to reattach it without removing the tupperware.

Thanks again. I'm just lucky this didn't slide off and land under my rear wheel.!

Regards,

Mike O

Archived