IGNORED

Time for a Hint

eddd

1 hour ago, lawnchairboy said:

No one can argue that Barstow does not posses international cache' and charm. 

and meth labs.

Barstow has ideal conditions for growing meth crystals.

Cave-of-the-crystals-681x467.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Barstow Chamber of Commerce has sweetened the pot with a promise of a rainbow as we arrive!  This one was recently captured on Skyline Drive.

skyline drive.jpg

Too far to ride your bike? 

Not to worry!   Barstow is a transportation hub.  Load your bike on a flat car and catch a flight.  You'll arrive rested and raring to go, and your bike will be close at hand since the motel we will be using is right next to the rail yard!  

Barstow , California...a popular town in a popular state.

barstowyard.jpg

sign.jpg

• Like 1
Dennis Andress

I'm saddened by what Barstow has become. It was a thriving agricultural hub in the early 80s when I was stationed in Atwater.

Even with all there is to see and do in Barstow some people will still want to enjoy a day ride.  Well not to worry!  Just jump on scenic I-40 and head east.  In just about two hours you will be in beautiful Needles, California!  What a great place for lunch before you hop back on "the 40" and see the interstate from a completely different perspective!  What fun!

east.jpg

Needles-California-wagon.jpg

rest.jpg

west.jpg

sign 2.jpg

On 9/12/2019 at 2:05 PM, Foot said:

What happened to Northern California?

I am hoping that those in the know will start to share a few hints related to the location of the '20 Un and confirm that it will be north of San Francisco. 

1 hour ago, Endobobdds said:

I am hoping that those in the know will start to share a few hints related to the location of the '20 Un and confirm that it will be north of San Francisco. 

Bob, 

Barstow is in the Southern part of the state.  A go to place...

Here is an example of a pool at one of the fine hotels.

hearst-castle-at-cambria-th.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LBump said:

Bob, 

Barstow is in the Southern part of the state.  A go to place...

Here is an example of a pool at one of the fine hotels.

hearst-castle-at-cambria-th.jpg

The Hearst Castle pool is beautiful, and the location on the coast would be nice, and it is far enough away from Barstow to be an acceptable location even though I would prefer northern CA.

I have seen a few of our dirt riding members with similar mud faces after a few of their rides.:3:

• 3 months later...
On 1/10/2020 at 6:33 PM, Havasu Dave said:

Needles is the only place where Habitat for Humanity came in and tore houses down. 

You're forgetting beautiful downtown Trona......

• Like 1
  • Confused 1