IGNORED

South Trip - Rt 555, ToD, CH, Waterfalls

Kirkus

Took a little trip down south - left Michigan Saturday morning and did the Triple Nickel (RT-555) southbound, then worked my way east to I-77 and stayed the night in Athens, WV. Sunday morning left the hotel around 7 for the 40 minutes ride east to Pembroke, VA to hike the 4 miles to Cascade Falls. After the hike and grabbing lunch, I rode west to Damascus, VA in search of Straight Branch Falls - Didn't find them since there are no official markings, asked a few locals and they weren't any help. Oh well, took some back roads and made it down to Ashville for the night. Was lucky to get the last room at the hotel I was staying at. Many in town were sold out do to Hurricane Dorian. Monday morning headed down to South Carolina to visit some relatives and late afternoon, rode back to NC and visited Whitewater Falls (.5 mile walk from parking lot), after a few photos and video, it started to rain which was ok, since it was close to 90 degrees. Traveled into Cashiers and then Rt 64 west over to Highlands and took some photos and video. Stopped by Cullasaja Falls, but there were to many people to get good shots. Hopped back on the scooter and traveled some back roads to Tellico Plains, TN and found a room for the night. Next morning gassed up and did the Cherohala Skyway and Tail of the Dragon. Stopped for a late lunch and rode over to Camp Nelson Military Cemetery south of Lexington, KY. Stayed in northern KY for the night. Noticed my rear tire was a little low and filled it up after gassing up for the ride home. Well, tire decided it wanted to lose more air, so I was able to find a BMW dealer that was open NW of Cincinnati. The valve stem was leaking, so they replaced it. All in all, a great trip. 

Photos and Videos Below .... Enjoy!

large.1079680879_2158a-DryFalls.jpg.4be37b5b4642c00ba39f433ae9b5e592.jpglarge.1529710874_2132a-CascadeFalls.jpg.bfd313003f93b4d571a469212e395bae.jpglarge.2660198.jpg.4b6b5cce123d0218f095b45ab7a87c99.jpg  

• Like 6
  • 1 month later...