IGNORED

Question about kathy's BMW Bags liners

Frankie Bones

Frankie Bones

Howdy Folks, a quick question about Kathy's BMW Bags liners. Does anyone know if she has a website? All I see on the Internet our her Resellers such as Bob's BMW, etc. I'd like to see her website direclty or contact them directly.

Thanks

Paul Mihalka
I think that Kathy is Bob's wife.
Absolutely not. Bob's BMW is the major wholesaler/retailer of Kathy's bags, but there is no family relation. They are not even geographically close. Bob does suggest new models for Kathy and tests the prototypes of new models.

I can't comment on Kathy's however I just bought a set of the Cruiser Bacrest ones (http://www.cruiserbackrest.com/) which are considerably less expensive than both BMW and Kathy. They were delivered promptly and seem to be made of good quality materials and workmanship. These were the best price I found.

Frankie Bones

The quality of the Nylon that they are using is superior to some of the other stuff out there. Their prices are about half. And their eBay score is pretty good.

Hmmm, I might have to check them out.

Too bad their Website has been down all day.

Good find. Thanks.

I have been using the top-case bag every day for over a year. I carry my gym equipment in it, even if I don't ride in.

After a year, there is no noticible wear marks, loose threads, etc. The bags are sized to fit exactly in left, right, and top cases.

I recommend this product.

PS

I also thought that Bob's BMW offered an unconditional lifetime replacement warrenty.

The cruiserbackrest.com product is definitely not of the same quality as the Kathy's Bag Liners but is nonetheless well-made and a good lighter-duty alternative at 1/2 the price. If you're going to be on the road and living out of your saddlebags for 10 months out of the year you may get better service out of the Kathy's product, but for occasional use the cruiserbackrest.com stuff does pretty well. Allocate your dollars accordingly...

ShovelStrokeEd

Bones,

I have had my Kathy's liners for over 6 years now and use 'em on all my bikes/trips. They have also been used as checked baggage from time to time. Nary a problem and they still look good. IMHO, best bang for the buck.

The cruiserbackrest.com product is definitely not of the same quality as the Kathy's Bag Liners but is nonetheless well-made and a good lighter-duty alternative at 1/2 the price. If you're going to be on the road and living out of your saddlebags for 10 months out of the year you may get better service out of the Kathy's product, but for occasional use the cruiserbackrest.com stuff does pretty well. Allocate your dollars accordingly...

I'd agree with the first half of the opening sentence. "The cruiserbackrest.com product is definitely not of the same quality as the Kathy's Bag Liners".

Having owned both types, I'd say the ones by Cruiser backrest are far superior to Kathy's. Additionally, they have reflective striping on them for safety at night, and come with a convenient shoulder strap. The Cruiserbackrest for my RT bags better than the K bike bags I had from Kathy's for my GT. I had some seams on my Kathy's bags separate.

Everyone's mileage may vary, but in my experience I find at $49.95/pair the bags from CruiserBackrest (available through website or EBAY) are a great value.

I've had Kathy's Liners; side bags and top bags for 2+ years, use them on all my trips and they still look new.

I can attest to Kathy's customer support; one of the seams pulled loose from the stitching...probably a stitch not caught properly during manufacture. Sent them back via Bob's BMW where I bought them and promptly had them returned, repaired with a note of apology.

I suspect they'll last many, many years.

Don't want to hijack this thread, but thought I would offer my insight on the Cee Bailey bags I own.

Although they are made quite well, they don't seem to fit worth a DARN! I am not all that stupid, but as we season with age I know that some things don't come as easily as before, but I cannot get these bags, when full, to fit in the side cases. I end up taking stuff out when I fit them in, because they won't fit?? I have filled these with packing peanuts to try to determine left from rt - no luck. Top Case bag is not real a good fit as well.

Anyone else have this problem??

I have a couple of Kathy's bags and I also have set of Helen Two Wheels bags. Both sets of bags are good quality, but the Helen Two Wheels bags seem heavier and a little better made.

Archived