IGNORED

R12RT paint

farmerp

I am in need of some Dark Graphite Metallic code 946 paint due to my stupidy. After 6 phone calls to my "local dealer" (2.5 hours away) I got to talk with a real preson. I was told BMW is not importing any due to paint being a hazadours meteral. Has anyone else had this problem? What do I do now? Thanks

Find a good painter. A good auto body shop will have the ability to either match the color from a sample or if you give them the code they might be able to match it up from their own paint sources. Of course I would test it first to be sure it matches before sending off a panel to be painted.

I am in need of some Dark Graphite Metallic code 946 paint due to my stupidy. After 6 phone calls to my "local dealer" (2.5 hours away) I got to talk with a real preson. I was told BMW is not importing any due to paint being a hazadours meteral. Has anyone else had this problem? What do I do now? Thanks

Get the paint from a Glasurit dealer. They make the OEM paint for BMW, so they hade the REAL paint formula. BMW sells parts, not paint as far as I know.

You will also need clearcoat as well. I repainted the fairing on my K100 a few months ago, and as far as I'm concerned, Glasurit is the best damn paint going.

Bob.

Archived