IGNORED

What type of SpeedBleeder for '96 R1100R?

stlkski

I'm trying to find SpeedBleeders for my 1996 R1100R spoke wheel with ABS. These are Brembos. Cannot find a cross reference on the internet. Called Russell, but they don't have a cross reference. I also went to SpeedBleeder website. They have a reference and specify a SB1010S for most of the oilheads for that vintage, but not for the R1100R exactly. The SB1010S is 10x1 thread. I then ordered a Russell with that thread size and got bleeders that are way too big, so I'm thoroughly confused now. SpeedBleeders have a couple entries in the cross reference for Brembo specifically, that specify the SB8125L, and the thread size looks a lot closer to what I have. I suppose I should take my OEM bleeder and get it measured, but was wondering if anybody here has a part # from SpeedBleeder or Russell.

1 hour ago, stlkski said:

I'm trying to find SpeedBleeders for my 1996 R1100R spoke wheel with ABS. These are Brembos. Cannot find a cross reference on the internet. Called Russell, but they don't have a cross reference. I also went to SpeedBleeder website. They have a reference and specify a SB1010S for most of the oilheads for that vintage, but not for the R1100R exactly. The SB1010S is 10x1 thread. I then ordered a Russell with that thread size and got bleeders that are way too big, so I'm thoroughly confused now. SpeedBleeders have a couple entries in the cross reference for Brembo specifically, that specify the SB8125L, and the thread size looks a lot closer to what I have. I suppose I should take my OEM bleeder and get it measured, but was wondering if anybody here has a part # from SpeedBleeder or Russell.

Afternoon  stlkski

I can't be of great help to you but possibly a little help.

My old BMW parts book shows the 1100R (spoke wheels) uses 10mm front bleed screws & a 6mm rear bleed screw.

Unfortunately it doesn't give a thread pitch but BMW's of that era was not noted to use  odd thread pitch.

If your bike isn't 10x1 on the front bleed screws then you have some sort of an outlier, or possibly non production calipers.

It looks like you might have to remove one of yours & measure it.

Or, make you own speed bleeder setup using a clear hose & a bottle with the hose going to bottom of the bottle (hose terminating under the fluid level). Personally, this is ALL I  ever use.

The Russell's I got have the correct thread size, 10x1, however they are way too long. The point on the end is too long, and when the point bottoms out, there are only about 2 threads screwed in! The Russell # is 639560. From what I gather, the Russell I need is 639630, which appear on all pictures on Amazon and eBay to be shorter 10x1's. I think the actual SPEEDBLEEDER brand is correct in listing the SB1010S. They look like the Russell 639630. There's also Goodridge to add to the confusion.